January 2012 Moms
Options

39 weeks tomorrow...at least 4cm dilated since Thursday and still not in labor

My doctor does not expect me to go to my due date and I thought for sure it was going to happen this weekend... only this evening and tomorrow to go and I will have to go back to work on Tuesday and so will my husband then it is just the nerves of going into labor at work...I do not want to go back to work and I really don't want to go into labor at work and have my husband at his work... I am ready for my contractions to be more regular and to see my little girl soon.  I am slightly scared about the labor and delivery but I am also ready for it to be over and to be holding our little girl in our arms. 

I have been having more pains the last couple of days just feeling of her pushing down, cramping here and there in my lower abdomin and more contractions just nothing that can be measured yet...they are not coming in waves yet at least not that I have noticed...I hear I will know when I am in labor with my contractions and I am just waiting for that time to come...

sorry just had to write stuff done as I am trying to keep my mind off things and enjoy the days I have with just my husband and I but it is hard when I know I am so close.

Thanks again

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 39 weeks tomorrow...at least 4cm dilated since Thursday and still not in labor

• Options
    I know it's frustrating, but there's no way to know when you'll go into labor (even with being 4 cm already). Your doctor shouldn't have gotten your hopes up!
    I was anxious to have a 2011 baby but now that that's not a possibility, I find myself fairly patient. I just keep telling myself I'll have a baby within 2 weeks and I'm finding things to enjoy and work on in the meantime. It's nice to not have an expectation in mind on when I might go into labor or when I want to go into labor.
    Hang in there!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I sympathize with not wanting to go back to work.  I'd call off or go home at lunch with the excuse that you just feel 'off' and need to rest....it shouldn't be questioned since you're so close! 4 cm is awesome!  You're almost halfway there & I'd bet that when your labor gets going, it's going to go fast (no real expertise here, just tryin to be positive, lol). Maybe your dh can come home for lunch for a little 'snuggle' time to help jump start things or you can try to hook yourself up to your breast pump when you start feeling contractions?  Hugs, the wait can be so frustrating. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just let all of my concerns out too...it somehow helps to get it out in black & white!  Hang in there as best you can and trust your gut.  If you feel like "something is happening" soon, leave work, get home, feet up, have a drink and call your husband to let him know you think today may be the day.  I'm working up until I deliver too, so I hear you!  I've been having signs lately that it's going to be happening sooner rather than later with this one, but so far I have nothing solid to go on to back up my gut instinct...wait & see is the pits!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Ugh. It sucks that things are happening yet nothing is happening. I do believe that being dialated and having some contractions and pains like you're describing will help you when it's actually baby time- your labor will hopefully be easier and faster.

And I know exactly what you mean about work. I was off for almost 2 weeks and just prayed the baby would come saturday or sunday. Nope, I'm here at work now. It's not as bad as I imagined. Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"