Postpartum Depression
Options

Why is this board so slow?

I would think there would be much more support here. I guess im a little surprised how slow it is based on the number of women who suffer from ppd. Anyone have any insight? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Why is this board so slow?

• Options

See, for me, I will write a post and then stop because baby will get fussy or I'll feel "stupid" for posting. 

I tend to blog a lot of my really irrational depression stuff rather than message board it.

I wish the board was more active too. It could also be the holidays, or a number of things.

How are you feeling?? 

• Options

Right now, its the holidays, not so many gals are online bumping in the last couple weeks.

When someone posts and needs support, generally I have noticed someone responds. Maybe not 15 people, but someone does. Many of us dont check the PPD board 5 times a day like we do the other boards we participate in. I check it regularly to be sure that there isnt someone who is struggling desperatly, but dont reply to every post. I feel foolish if I am the only commenter on the top 5 topics.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Lol. I get the whole feel foolish or the baby crying bit! 

I'm not good but whatever. You?

• Options
    Truth is i have zero. I repeat zero support from DH. Nada. One iota. None. I am at a loss. 
  • Options
    Then tell DH its his child too and he needs to get off his butt. seriously. You cannot raise a child alone. And I bet he still expects you to keep the house clean and be a "good wife" as well?
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • Options

Because those of us with PPD are trying so hard to keep our lives together & ourselves afloat that we don't have time to post frequently.

And I'm not saying that to be snarky....I'm serious   Crying

• Options

imageEdmondmum:
    Truth is i have zero. I repeat zero support from DH. Nada. One iota. None. I am at a loss. 

My husband is very supportive and very helpful. He wasn't always like that, but when I was first diagnosed, the OB/GYN pulled my husband into the other room and really talked to him for a good 10 minutes to enforce that he needs to be there to help me.

I'm sorry you're not having a good day today...some days are really hard.

*Hugs* 

• Options
    Yea... he doesn't have much compassion. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"