May 2012 Moms
Options

Going to Disneyland! What should I do?

I'm gong to Disneyland in a few weeks! I knew I'd be pregnant when I went, and couldn't go on all the rides, but I'm still planning on having a good time! I am *very* sad, though, to learn the Haunted Mansion will be closed through our entire stay. Stupid Christmas decorations :-/

Anyway, I have not been to Disneyland since I was little, and hubby has never been: what should we do!? Especially things I *can* do, being pregnant (since I will be following the guidelines...I know I don't have to, but I want to). Any Californians or other visitors want to share your favorite parts?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Going to Disneyland! What should I do?

• Options
    There will still be plenty of rides you can go on. I haven't been to DL since college, but you will still have lots of fun! Are you staying in Anaheim?
  • Options
    Fun! We're Disney World people so I'm not much help with Disneyland Other than to say to have fun :)
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have annual passes:) And, we have a four year old and 19 month old, so I'm an expert on pleasing that age group! Of the things we usually do, I love the Tiki Room, eating Dole Pineapple Whip outside the Tiki Room, totally worth the line:) I personally like A Small World, the Canoes, Peter Pan is really fun and magical. The food is sort of okay everywhere, but we took dd for her birthday to Ariel's Grotto on the Ca Adventure side has good food and you will meet all the princesses (not sure if this would appeal to a grown up or not, but the adults liked the food!) you need a reservation. I honestly like just walking around checking out all the sights. There are tons of characters all the time. We haven't done world of color yet, but that would be worth checking out. HTH! Sorry, I have a total toddler perspective, it's lots of fun though!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ohh! I'm very excited for u. I live in Anaheim Hills, and hubby and I go to Disneyland all the time.  You can still have lots and lots of fun. 

First off, you have to watch the fireworks show.  It's worth reserving a spot in front of the castle.  It's breath taking.  That's where DH proposed to me.  Second, there are some rides you can go on including: Small World, Pirates of the Caribean, and The Haunted Mansion.  Also some of the kiddie rides are prego friendly.  The best one is Peter Pan.

In California Adventure you can go on "Soarin".  Also, they have a really funny Aladin show over by the Tower of Terror thats great for kids and adults.  And a 3d Bugs life show in the kiddie area. 

Hope this helps.  Enjoy your trip.  And remember to eat before going into the park.  The food is super expensive, and not very good.  Downtown Disney has lots of better restaurant options. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I almost forgot.  World of Color is really awesome.  You have to get a fast pass early in the day.  They are given out over by the Wild Rapids ride in California Adventure.  Totally worth it.!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    There should also be a Pirates of the Caribean or maybe it was Peter Pan but its a Boad ride indoors. SUPER cool :-) 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

There is actually very little at Disneyland you CAN'T do: Matterhorn; Spacemountain; Big Thunder Mountain Railroad; Splash Mountain; California Screamin'; and maybe some of the board walk rides at California Adventure. Everything else should be fine. If you have problems with motion sickness, I'd stay away from Soarin' Over California.

Have fun!!! 

EDIT: I forgot about Tower of Terror and the Indiana Jones Adventure. Those would be big no-nos. Basically, no thrill rides, and Disney has more entertaining rides than anything else.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"