January 2012 Moms
Options

Menstrual like cramps

Hi ladies,

I'm getting periodic menstrual like cramps.  Is this something I should be timing, like contractions?

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Menstrual like cramps

• Options

It could be the starting stage, but there probably isn't anything to time yet. You can also experience these for a few days before full blown labor. Just pay attention to how long they are lasting and how often you are experiencing them. But don't get too excited and not get your sleep tonight. You're going to need it :) Good luck!

ETA: Oh, and for what it's worth, this is how labor started for me. Mine were just more like one continuous cramp, but very much like menstrual cramps. I experienced them at home for an entire night, and at the hospital when they gave me medication to dilate faster. They actually told me that's what I should be experiencing, so it is a good sign.

• Options
    imageKelmarwil:

. Mine were just more like one continuous cramp, but very much like menstrual cramps. I experienced them at home for an entire night, and at the hospital when they gave me medication to dilate faster. They actually told me that's what I should be experiencing, so it is a good sign. 

This is what has been happening to me all day.  It feels like one continuous cramp.  I had my membrane stripped yesterday and I went for labor inducing acupuncture today.  Please say I'm on the road to labor! 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've had "menstrual" feeling cramps off and on the past two weeks, the dr said it's just a warm up & not to think much about it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagechristinbeatrice:

I've had "menstrual" feeling cramps off and on the past two weeks, the dr said it's just a warm up & not to think much about it.

This is what my dr said too!

• Options
    I've had them on and off for a few weeks as well, but last night they got so bad I had to get in the bath in order to get any relief. I having been having timeable contractions for about 3 days and am so ready for this to be the real deal! (I'm not rushing it - I'd be okay if it all stopped and baby stayed in there until he/she was ready as well!) But if I'm going to have signs of labor, I really hope to have a baby in a few days... :-) I'm glad the cramps are a good sign.
    Leanne, married since July 4, 2009 and recently welcomed our first little boy - Wesley Daniel. Check out our blog at www.cookinwiththejohnstons.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"