March 2012 Moms
Options

10 weeks left ....and suddenly I don't feel so invincible!! lol (reposted from over 35's)

I'm 41 and have dealt with some real crap in my life... always been able to get through the worst of messes and come out the other side in one piece....

..so why the hell does a tiny being suddenly make me feel scared $hitless about the futureTongue Tied.

Hubby is younger than me, great childhood and family and he seems to be so laid back about all this. His biggest worry is about holding the baby properly and how to teach him to use the bathroom LOL

I know we'll be fine...and I know I can handle this, but holy *** batman sometimes it seems so daunting. It's not even the L&D that has me freaky sometimes.. I know it's gonna hurt, but I'm all for drug free if I can pull it off. It's the afterwards that has me wondering what the hell I was thinking haha. My stepdaughter always told me I'd make a great mom... I hope she is right.

Today seems to be one of those holy *** batman days .....Idea
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 10 weeks left ....and suddenly I don't feel so invincible!! lol (reposted from over 35's)

• Options

Couldn't agree more! I was literally JUST thinking about this! Tomorrow I'll be 9 wks away and I'm kinda starting to freak out. I'm freaked out about the whole thing from the point that those contractions start to the point where I have to take my first child home.

I've also been having those feelings of, What on earth was I thinking? Am I really ready for this?! Tongue Tied

I'm wishing I was bouncing off the walls with excitement but instead I'm wondering how on earth I got here and what do I do now!!!

(I honestly think I'm having a bit of some wacked out pregnancy hormones going on right now!)

• Options
    You'll be awesome... u wait n see Cool
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I already have a son.  I've done labor and delivery.  I've been a mom 20 months now.  I spent the weekend with my sister. She delivered Thursday morning and I've helped her get going on breastfeeding the last few days.  I am totally freaking out! I can't believe I signed up for this again.  Scary. 
  • Options
    So what your saying is that we are supposed to bring the baby home and be a mother at the end of this?!? Holy moly! I am freaking out too ladies. 10 weeks seems so soon! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

It is amazing how babies can be SO simple(I mean, all they do is eat sleep and poop, right?) and SO complex at the same time. But somehow you muddle through and try to figure them out and you try not to screw it up too badly (but even if you do, what the heck do they know? They are babies!). You'll find a rhythm. At the beginning, it is a hard adjustment and a lot of work for not a lot of reward, but slowly they start to smile, and giggle, and look for you and learn adorable things and you wake up and can't remember what it was like without them there. 

Ps - I saw you comment about a kitchen sink in the other post. My DD's first several baths were in the kitchen sink and we ended up having to switch back to using that because she suddenly decided she didn't like baths but the kitchen sink made it out. I think it is still an acceptable option Wink 

image        image
  • Options

I am starting to worry more about the baby now.  Labor and delivery I am fine with and I am not even worried about what to do with the baby when he comes home.  But now the baby is "real."  Past being a little lump, past the 24 week viability point, but an actual baby!  He looks like a baby with a little face and everything and is able to live on the outside should he have to come out now.

All of a sudden I am worried when he doesn't move or that he is going to strangle himself on the cord in there.  I am most worried about what is going on inside there that I can't control.  I mean I have a real live baby!  But he has to stay somewhere that I feel like I can't help him if anything goes wrong for another 8-9 weeks! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"