Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Baby-proofing

Hi! My baby is fast approaching 6 mos. and starting to crawl. We need to start baby-proofing the house. I know that I need to get outlet covers, latches, and anchors, but we've also considered a play yard type fence like this:

https://www.amazon.com/North-States-Superyard-Classic-Packaging/dp/B00020L78M/ref=sr_1_3?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1325381876&sr=1-3

Any thoughts and input on the subject are appreciated. Thanks! 

tinaraye
Ruby Mirabelle born July 9 at 10:56pm!
Photobucket
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Married 05/30/09 & TTC ever since Clomid only for 5 cycles IUI #1: 06/07/10 BFN IUI#2: 08/19/10 BFN IVF #1 started 10/07/10, ER 10/17/10 6 retrieved/6 fertilized, ET on day 5 10/22/10... Beta #1 on 11/5/10: 680!!!, Beta #2 on 11/8/10: 2337!!!, U/S 11/18/10 Got to see the tiny beating heart! What a blessing! 12/2/10 U/S HB 176 & I'm released! Anniversary

Re: Baby-proofing

• We haven't baby-proofed yet. My daughter has been army crawling since about 5.5 months. However, typically--we only let her play on the floor in her room since it is carpeted--the rest of the house is wood. We close the door--and she is able to go to town there. 

I dread the day that I have to baby proof the entire house. 

My daughter is my hero.
  • We got that gate when MIL's dog had puppies. It was great for keeping the corraled!

We are starting baby proofing now - DS isn't crawling yet, but is close, and given enough time can scoot to wherever he wants. If I need to leave the room and I'm worried about him getting somewhere, I put him in the PNP with some of his favorite toys. He tolerates it for 5-10 minutes before getting pissed, but part of that is that he realizes that he's in the room alone!

Our miracle has arrived! Benjamin Aaron, born 6/23/11 image
    Picture courtesy of Heidi Keene Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a play yard type fence and originally I was so very against it. I told my husband that there was no way that I was going to jail up our baby. However, I quickly changed my mind when she became mobile. My husband is the one home with her during the day while I'm at work since his work schedule allows him to do that. They hang out in the "man cave" (as my husband likes to call it). This is in the basement (which is fully finished) but has his sectional couch, tv, computer, bowflex, and other stuff he uses regularly throughout the day. Because of the glass entertainment center, metal bowflex, tile where the walk out to the back yard is, cords for the xbox, kinect, ect.....a playyard was inevitable. It was more work to get her to stay out of trouble then anything. So my husband went out and bought two of them and combined them together. It takes up A LOT of space. She has her playmat, toys, other toys that are hung up on the fence part, and other things to keep her entertained. She LOVES it. We even let the dog in to play with her and they have a ball. This way we know she is safe and out of harms way and she can learn to play independently! :)

•  never have had a play yard, but we did get door gates to keep LO out of other rooms. We just keep him in either his room or the main living/kitchen (it's open). Everything is pretty much baby proofed in there anyway.  You also should anchor tv's, dressers, shelves. We also have a stove guard and oven latch. They come in handy around 1 year old, but just do it now to get used to it.

I got a lot of my stuff off onestepahead.com 

• We recently got the superyard.  We use it around (not completely around, the extra length is against the walls instead of wrapped around to for a circle) our entertainment center.  It is three tiered glass shelves that she loved to climb on and touch all the electronics.  It has worked wonderfully!  Most of the baby proofing we have done is moving stuff out of the living room/kitchen, the rooms she's in the most during the day.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"