Babies on the Brain
Options

Prenatal Vitamin

Hey all,

I have been taking pretnat vitamins in the morning since Oct and I've noticed that my stomache doesn't feel so great sometimes later in the day. Should I start taking them at night before I go to bed with a lot of water?

Happy New Year!!

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Prenatal Vitamin

• Options
    Take them at night before you go to sleep or in the morning with food.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I find that certain foods will bother me more than others when I take them. If I take my PNV with a glass of something cold after eating a cold meal (cereal, sandwiches, etc) I'm fine. However, if I take it with something hot (coffee, soup, hot dinner) then I burp up fish oil and it makes me want to barf.

Also, if you're taking a soft-gel fish oil supplement, try keeping it in the freezer. It helps with the fish burps.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't take them at all without being sick, I can only use flintstones.
    ____________________________________________________________________________
                          My sweet Rylee girl 8-13-2007 and my sweet Emmett man 4-13-2010
                               Annaleigh Willow Elise born and passed at 26 weeks 1 day
                                      Thursday October 17th 2013 from trisomy 13
                                           Http://Alwaysannaleigh.WordPress.com

• Options
    I always have to take vitamins  with food, otherwise I get stomach aches. You could also try a different prenatal.  I used the Nature Made brand and didn't have problems

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    imageExcitedtostart:

I find that certain foods will bother me more than others when I take them. If I take my PNV with a glass of something cold after eating a cold meal (cereal, sandwiches, etc) I'm fine. However, if I take it with something hot (coffee, soup, hot dinner) then I burp up fish oil and it makes me want to barf.

Also, if you're taking a soft-gel fish oil supplement, try keeping it in the freezer. It helps with the fish burps.  

Yuck.....I hated those! Just the thought gives me the shivers. 

• Options
    I have always taken mine right before bed and have never had any problems.
    Blog | Twitter | Facebook

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers imageimage image

Photo courtesy of mrs_b

• Options
    My stomach doesn't tolerate iron supplements AT ALL. Try using the GNC brand of prenatal vitamins without iron. I have had no problems at all since switching 2 years ago.
  • Options
    thanks! i will try taking them at night before bed. i was taking them in the morning right after i ate breakfast. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I always take mine right before I go to bed. 
  • Options

If you're really having problems, talk with your Dr. But generally speaking, it's fine to take a childrens chewable and an additional Folic acid supplement. Flintstones have 200 mcg of folic acid, so you could take an additional 600mcg - 800 mcg of folic acid to equal the 800 mcg - 1 mg recommended to combat spina bifida. 

Folic acid by itself tends to not have a taste or nausea as a side effect.  Talk with your Dr and see what they say. 

• Options
    I'm also a big fan of the gummies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"