Baby Names
Options

what do you think of the name Enzo?

I love Lorenzo, but my husband isn't a fan. Someone here suggested the name Enzo yesterday and he happens to really, really like it, and I feel like I can get on board wit it. It's Italian and of German heritage (according to the internet) and I am italian, and he has SOME german in his blood. Does it make you think of spaghetti sauce? (This is what my mom said ha ha. No idea why she thinks that!). Like? Dislike? Our last name is Whitehead.
imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: what do you think of the name Enzo?

• Options
    One of my good friends named her son this, and I really hate it.  I love Lorenzo though.  I just can't get on board with Enzo. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I like both Lorenzo and Enzo.  Would your hubby agree to naming your LO Lorenzo, but using the NN Enzo from birth?

I don't associate the name with spaghetti sauce, but I do associate it with shoes!  Ha!  Enzo Angiolini makes great shoes...comfortable too!

IAmPregnant Ticker Support with Integrity
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The shoes. 

• Options

Enzo sounds dirty to me for some reason. Maybe it's my pregnancy hormones, but it reminds me of the scrubs episode where someone asks The Todd why he uses so many innuendos and he says, "in your endo." 

Also, my husband is Loren and when we lived in Guatemala he went by Lorenzo. Some nicknames that our Guatemalan friends called him by were: Lencho and Lenzo. But Enzo is another nickname for Lorenzo. Could be a compromise.  

Baby Z: 5/21/12

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

**December 2014 September Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Fall - Fall Leaves and Apple Cider**
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think of the shoes as pp mentioned, and then-I am a cosmetology instructor, and there is a beand of hair products called Enzo Milano...
    ttc since 10-09 first visit with RE 09-10 ME-everything ok DH- AZOOSPERMIA...biopsy confirmed Sertoli Only Cell syndrome Donor IUI#4 was the charm (8-27-11) with 125iuFollistim/Ovidrel/Endometrin/PIO/vit D beta #1 9/8/11....BFP!!! : ) @ 47.7 beta...#2 9/15/11... 1,998 beta#3 9/22/2011- 27,900 Baby's hb seen @6w2d ! 1-3-2012 20 wk u/s everything lookin' good! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I really do not like it. It sounds like a prescription for something.
  • Options
    I like Enzo, with or without Lorenzo as the full name.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I like Lorenzo better...

...so I'm no help!

08.2008 | Diagnosed with PCOS
    11.2011 | First appointment with RE
    12.2011 | HSG reveals 100% blockages in both tubes
    02.2012 | Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy to unblock tubes...success!

{ BFP # 1 | April 1, 2012 }
    Jonah Alexander is here! Born 12.07.12 @ 39w3d

{ BFP # 2 | May 22, 2013 }
    Chemical Pregnancy :(

{ BFP # 3 | February 12, 2014 }
    So far, so good! We love you, little peanut!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I like Enzo, but would assume the fn was Lorenzo.  Would you consider giving him the fn Lorenzo and calling him Enzo?
  • Options
    I have a friend with a 2 year old son named Enzo. It's completely NMS, but it works for him. It makes me think of Ferraris.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm all for using lorenzo as the fn, but my husband has something against it (maybe because my maiden name is DeLorenzo, and I never changed it so he's bitter?! Ha ha)
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I know why your husband likes Enzo.  It's Ferrari Enzo.  It's a car.  My friend's son is Enzo.  NMS, but a lot of men like the name.
    m/c - Dec 2005, DS - March 27, 2007, m/c - Oct 2009, DD - Feb 20, 2012

Proud mother of two breech babies:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'd prefer it as a nn for Lorenzo, but Enzo on its own may be as close to a compromise as you are going  to get.

I like Enzo. I especially like the tie to your last name.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I love it! We're Italian and my cousin used it for one of her twins because DH's grandma's maiden name was DiLorenzo. It's fantastic and I know she gets lots of compliments on it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Options
    I like Enzo, it was the name of a character off of my childhood favorite cartoon, Reboot!! :) Fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    There is an Enzo that lives in the same town as me.  His is short for Vincenzo and his family owns a pizza shop.  They are Italian, obviously.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imagenamcgee:
    There is an Enzo that lives in the same town as me.  His is short for Vincenzo and his family owns a pizza shop.  They are Italian, obviously.

This was my suggestion--how about Vincenzo NN Enzo?

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

• Options
    imagesalt78:
    It makes me think of Ferraris.
    Thank you! I thought I was the only one!
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    love it
  • Options
    I really like it.
  • Options
    It does make me think of Ferarri also, but that definitely doesn't bother me.  I'm more worried it doesn't "go" with our last name.  but looks like the general consensus is that it's not a BAD name...that's all I was worried about.  Don't want to tag my kid with a horrible name and regret it!!
  • Options
    I love it as a nickname for Lorenzo! But I think I like it by itself, too.
  • Options
    I like Enzo a lot. I also like Lorenzo with Enzo as the NN.
    BFP #1 6/3/10 | EDD 2/5/11 | Noelle born 1/28/11
    BFP #2 12/20/11 | EDD 8/24/12 | Natural M/C 12/22/11
    BFP #3 5/13/12 (Mother's Day!) | EDD 1/23/13 | Natural M/C 6/9/12 (blighted ovum discovered 6/7/12 at 7w1d)
    "And to think when their little eyes opened, the first thing they saw was the face of Jesus."
    My Ovulation Chart | My Baby Name List
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"