May 2012 Moms
Options

Pity Party...for me :(

Just need to whine for a minute. I am super stressed out due to the fact that I am moving in about 3 weeks (we are military). I have a GIANT list of to-do's and am feeling overwhelmed with it all. I have to get things ready for the movers, clean and paint the house to the ridiculous standards of our base housing requirements, make sure I have every household bill and medical record transferred for my daughter and I to our new base, did I mention we are waiting for our new base to give us a house, so I might be homeless in 3 weeks, continue working my full time job until we leave, worry about the 17 hour drive alone because DH and I will each drive our own cars (my car gets both dogs and our 2 year old, yay...), worry about having a new job when I get to our new base, having to make sure I get in right away to my OB and Endocrinologist at the new base, get ready for this LO....I am sure there is more I am forgetting at the moment, but I have to do all the above pregnant and with a 2 year old, although bless DH's heart he is trying to take as much stress of as he can. Oh, and my 2 girlfriends just stopped by to show me their cute outfits they went shopping for just for the NYE party we are all attending tonight. My non-pregnant friends that got cute non-pregnant outfits, while I will be wearing who knows what, all I do know is that it will be maternity something. Why on the night I need a drink most, I can't have one???
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: Pity Party...for me :(

• Options
    Let me say, I know other people have situations MUCH worse than mine, and I am so very thankful for all of our blessings. I don't want to come off sounding ungrateful or unappreciative :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options

That sounds stressful! I would say DEFINITELY lean on your support system -- DH, friends, any family nearby -- to help you through the move. My husband is a psychologist and he said that in terms of life events, moving is considered to be one of the most stressful (behind losing a spouse, getting divorced, and, you know, having a baby).

Don't feel bad about feeling overwhelmed... you don't sound ungrateful at all! Just like a normal woman dealing with some seriously stressful transitions!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I feel for ya, especially since this may be my situation, only when I'm further along.  We're not military, but DH works for the gov't and we move around a lot too.  We'll be moving about 15 hours north of where we live now, in the dead of winter Sad, when I'm 7 months pg with a 1.5 year old.  I'm not looking forward to it. 

Anyway, good luck to you and your family...hope it all works out! 

• Options
    We are also military, and we moved when I was 28 weeks pregnant with my DS.  It was also a long trip, 14 hours.  We lived in temporary living for a week before the move, and then in a hotel for 10 days before our new house was ready.  Sucked!  I just wanted to tell you that I feel you on the stress level of all of that!  Good luck!  It will feel great when it's all over!
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Hope you have a great NYE and that this PCS goes as smooth as the military allows Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"