Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

DS looked me right in the eye...

And started smacking me in the face. It was an open palm slap slap slap on my cheek. He's never done that before and when I told him "be gentle, no hit." he looked at me with a serious face and slooowwly slapped me again. Oh yea, he's going to be fun.

he did it a few days ago and hasn't done it since.  

I thought about that when I read the cat hitting post. 

flight photo flight_zpsa49d4a0f.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker TickerI'm a -retired- bronze super member Hi, I'm Dave's wife...

Re: DS looked me right in the eye...

• Options
    Well, at least he used his hand and not his forehead like my DD did to me four times yesterday. I was afraid she had broken my nose there for a minute! Toddlers are FUN!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

Yesterday I picked DD up so she wouldn't play with the cat water and she flung her head back to scream and hit my right in the temple. She hit me so hard I blacked out for a second. Then it happened AGAIN.

She's also started saying "No way, momma" and shaking her hand in my face when I try and get her to do something. Sigh. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

LO has done that before too.  I usually get up and walk away or put him down if I am holding him.  He gets mad and I remind him he needs to be gentle.

He is started to get the idea- that hitting mom = no fun with mom. 

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Oh man....I got bit and hit today.  I just try to calmly tell her we do not do hit/bite and then try not to cry or laugh.  
  • Options

Lol, I laugh only because this sounds familiar, esp the slow smack part.  Lil attitudes start so early!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker~ Diagnosed with PCOS in March 2009. Taking Metfomin for insulin resistance and irregular cycles/ovulation. Had healthy baby girl in Jan 2010 via C-Section (HTN and Breech Presentation).
    ~ Miscarry at 8 weeks with D&C in May 2011 (low progesterone).
    ~ Had a healthy baby girl in June 2012 via C-Section (on prometrium to sustain).
    ~ Surprise pregnancy at age 40!  Baby boy due April 26, 2021 (took prometrium to sustain once pregnancy was confirmed, 3rd C-Section planned).  
  • Options
    BEEN THERE!  Awful.  I just kept reinforcing that we don't hit and making a big deal.  As he got closer to 2, he'd get a brief time out.  At that age I think they are just curious and/or frustrated.  It's embarassing though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"