Pregnant after IF
Options

Pretty bad cramping (Sorry if TMI)

Well ladies, I'm kinda worried about this but not sure if I should be... for the last week maybe a little more (they started well before my BFP) I've had some pretty bad cramping on and off. The only thing is, I can't tell where it's coming from! It feels like either really bad AF like cramps on and off, or it feels a lot like the diarrhea cramps I get from my Metformin, but without the diarrhea. Actually, I rarely have diarrhea now, like once every few days, which is odd. Is that a pregnancy symptom? I'm not necessarily constipated though. But the cramps come and go, and they hurt, but don't last long. And I have ZERO spotting, not even a tiny. I am probably over reacting, I just want my little bean to be okay! :) 
PCOS, Severe Hypertension, Diabetic. Started TTC in 2007.
(12-2011) 5MG Femara (CD 3-7) w/ Repronex (CD 8-16) HCG trigger (CD 17) = BFP!!
Due Sept 7th 2012
Photobucket
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Pretty bad cramping (Sorry if TMI)

• Options
    I had quite a bit of cramping from around 4 weeks to about 6 weeks. I think it is really normal around implantation and during the early weeks (though no fun!). Congrats on your BFP:)
    IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
    IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 = BFN
    FET #2 = BFN
    IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
    IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
    Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
    ~~
    TTC again March 2014
    FET #3 - May/June 2014
    -
    all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
    IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
    beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
  • Options
    Thank you! And that's a relief you had it too. I've heard that cramping is normal, but mine is actually pretty painful. But I've also thought that maybe it's side effects from my Metformin but the pregnancy is making me halfway constipated, in turn getting rid of the diarrhea part (Sorry, way TMI) But as long as there's no spotting I should be okay, right? 
    Due Sept 7th 2012
    Photobucket
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekmroling:
    Thank you! And that's a relief you had it too. I've heard that cramping is normal, but mine is actually pretty painful. But I've also thought that maybe it's side effects from my Metformin but the pregnancy is making me halfway constipated, in turn getting rid of the diarrhea part (Sorry, way TMI) But as long as there's no spotting I should be okay, right? 
    Yes, as long as there's no spotying to accompany bad cramps, you're ok. My Dr was sure to emphasize that to me :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagemissjul61:
    Yes, as long as there's no spotying to accompany bad cramps, you're ok. My Dr was sure to emphasize that to me :)

Whew, okay such a relief! I was very worried :) But I haven't had a hint of blood so unless there is, I will try not to worry anymore.

Thank you both so much for the replies! 

Due Sept 7th 2012
    Photobucket
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

it's pretty normal, especially in the beginning, and, it varies for everyone.  the not spotting with it is a good sign.  but even some cramp and spot and everything is fine. 

i think you are doing okay...your betas look great....that silly nurse just put all kinds of doubt in your head ; )  you are doing great so far!

• Options
    imagetootlebug:

it's pretty normal, especially in the beginning, and, it varies for everyone.  the not spotting with it is a good sign.  but even some cramp and spot and everything is fine. 

i think you are doing okay...your betas look great....that silly nurse just put all kinds of doubt in your head ; )  you are doing great so far!

Thanks tootlebug, you're SO right! That darn nurse has made me sooo paranoid =) but the cramping has slowed down a lot so that has made me feel a lot better 

Due Sept 7th 2012
    Photobucket
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I know I'm late hopping on board with this thread, but I wanted to post this just in case.

I had cramping off and on right up until maybe 16 weeks, but during week 8, I had a day where the cramps were so bad I was SURE I was losing the baby. It hurt so much I couldn't sit, stand.. anything, and I went to the ER expecting the worst. But when I got there nothing was wrong. I felt ridiculous because they couldn't see any problems but it was some of the worst pain I've ever felt. We followed up with the RE and a more detailed ultrasound and they still couldn't find anything. I would definitely do the same thing if I had to go back and do it again, but sometimes those little ones just stretch things out and it hurts but everything is OK!

Me (32) DH (30)

A Wordy Blog

Baby Evangeline is here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"