August 2012 Moms
Options

NBR: What movie to see with DH??

Ladies, we have not been to see a non-child's movie since I was pregnant with DD (so summer 2008...)  We have absolutely no idea about any of the movies currently in theaters other than The Muppets LOL.  

Any recommendations for us?  Our anniversary is next Saturday, so I'm thinking it would be WONDERFUL to go to dinner and a movie together while the kiddos are at home with our babysitter!  TIA!

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

Re: NBR: What movie to see with DH??

• Options
    DH and I saw Girl with the Dragon Tattoo a few nights ago. He really liked it, and I loved the books so I was happy. It's a little gruesome but it's a movie that men and women can enjoy.
    image image
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mission Impossible is good, and We also liked New Years Eve. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just saw War Horse the other day. DH picked it out, and he has a horrible track record for picking out movies, but it was actually pretty good.
  • Options
    We just saw War Horse, also.  It was good and a good for women and men.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

PAL/PGAL WelcomeBabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    We have seen "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and "Mission Impossible" - both were really good.  I agree with pp - the Dragon Tattoo was a little grusome at times.  We also want to see Sherlock Holmes 2.

Started TTC #1: July 2010 DX: PCOS
    BFP: 12/5/10 Natural M/C: 12/17/10 (5w6d)
    Cycle 10 - 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    Cycle 11 - 50mg Clomid + IUI converted to TI = BFN
    Cycle 12 - 50mg Clomid + IUI #1 = BFN
    Cycle 13 - Clomid Break + Charting + Dr. Recommendations = BFN
    Cycle 14 - Clomid Break + Charting + meeting with URO (all clear!) = BFP!!
    Beta #1 - 105 Beta #2 - 336! 1st U/S (@5w4d)- gest. sac and yolk sac, measuring 5w2d 2nd U/S - 1/16 (will be 8w2d) Stick and grow, little bean! My Ovulation Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker

* Congrats to my girl SarahRuthG on her new baby boy!*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Sherlock Holmes!
    Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

"Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" is what I'd go see.

Hope you have a great anniversary!!!! Big SmileBig Smile

DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • Options
    We went to see The Decendants the other night and it was really good! I was a little hesitant at first because the plot seems very depressing but it ended up being a great show!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options

Wow, thanks for all the great recs ladies!!!  Some questions to help me narrow my choices down: 

AlleyCat, psubride, and mel689 - For Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, is this a "nightmare" inducing kind of gruesome or just "close your eyes" kind of gruesome?  Stick out tongue  My brother saw it and liked it.  He did say his only complaint was that it didn't follow the book as much as he had hoped...

babiesbabiesbabies and psubride - I'm glad to hear the new Mission Impossible is good!  I loved the previous ones, so this is on our list for sure. 

abeaver and walker03 - Is War Horse a tear-jerker?  From the previews, I get the impression that I might be bawling my eyes out LOL.

psubride and sourapple - I also really liked Sherlock Holmes, so I'm adding SH2 to our list. Thanks!  From the previews it seems like it would keep us both interested through its entirety.  Was this the case for y'all?

Erin06 - I haven't heard about The Decendants!  What it is about??  I'm intrigued Smile

babiesbabiesbabies and MelissaRenee - Is NYE similar to the Valentine's Day style??  I get that impression from the previews.  We both really liked V-Day, so if they're similar I'd like to add that to our list too! 

Can you tell I'm excited LOL?!?!?!  TIA girls!

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

• Options
    Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was good, and we actually just went to see Young Adult tonight - it was surprisingly good, the DH also liked it!  Have fun!
  • Options
    imagebabyike:

Wow, thanks for all the great recs ladies!!!  Some questions to help me narrow my choices down: 

AlleyCat, psubride, and mel689 - For Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, is this a "nightmare" inducing kind of gruesome or just "close your eyes" kind of gruesome?  Stick out tongue  My brother saw it and liked it.  He did say his only complaint was that it didn't follow the book as much as he had hoped...

babiesbabiesbabies and psubride - I'm glad to hear the new Mission Impossible is good!  I loved the previous ones, so this is on our list for sure. 

abeaver and walker03 - Is War Horse a tear-jerker?  From the previews, I get the impression that I might be bawling my eyes out LOL.

psubride and sourapple - I also really liked Sherlock Holmes, so I'm adding SH2 to our list. Thanks!  From the previews it seems like it would keep us both interested through its entirety.  Was this the case for y'all?

Erin06 - I haven't heard about The Decendants!  What it is about??  I'm intrigued Smile

babiesbabiesbabies and MelissaRenee - Is NYE similar to the Valentine's Day style??  I get that impression from the previews.  We both really liked V-Day, so if they're similar I'd like to add that to our list too! 

Can you tell I'm excited LOL?!?!?!  TIA girls!

Not sure.. I just meant that is the one I would see if I was going out. I  think the previews look interesting.  

DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • Options
    The Decendants is about a man (George Clooney) whose wife begins the movie in a coma. The movie follows him as he learns that she was having an affair, decides how to confront the man she was having an affair with, and as he tries to re-learn how to parent their two daughters by himself. It is set in Hawaii so the setting is beautiful and the story is very touching. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options

imageErin060108:
    The Decendants is about a man (George Clooney) whose wife begins the movie in a coma. The movie follows him as he learns that she was having an affair, decides how to confront the man she was having an affair with, and as he tries to re-learn how to parent their two daughters by himself. It is set in Hawaii so the setting is beautiful and the story is very touching. 

Thank you for this!  That sounds like a beautiful film, and I'm sure I'd be in tears LOL.  I think I'll see that one with my friend who is also pregnant so we can cry together Wink 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"