Baby Names

What do you think of this name for a girl?

A coworker said she saw this name the other day and thought it was really pretty. I was a little iffy until I wrote it down cause it looks pretty.

Jaelynn.

I like that there are a few nickname options (Jae or Lynn) but it's also pretty on it's own.

Full name: Jaelynn Bean Anderson

(Middle name has other special meaning and it fits well being so short) 

BEAN *06/29/2012*

Re: What do you think of this name for a girl?

• Looks made up and missplled.  What about Jocelyn? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't care for it. The sounds are unappealing to me, and it's too cutesy/trendy. Sorry.

I like TheWop's suggestion of Jocelyn though...

Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • Loading the player...
  • imageTheWop:
    Looks made up and missplled.  What about Jocelyn? 

Yes

Also, I'm interested about the significance of "Bean." Care to elaborate for curious minds?

BabyFruit Ticker

Also a July 2013 Mom!
  • I don't like it. Sounds made up to me.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Weird and makes my eyes cross.
  • Has a trashtastic vibe to it for me.  Jocelyn is pretty thought and sounds more legitimate...  Bean is not a name, it is a good that makes you gassy... I would be curious to hear the special meaning behind because it would have to be darn special to use that for a mn.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I second M.J., and Teen Mom was the first thing I thought of.
  • I really like the name Jaelyn (one n). I had never known one until I met a 14 year old with that name last year. She's a nice kid. I have a good association with the name.

Yes, it does sound a bit made up but it's been around a long time. The info I could find on it says that it is American and means "Supplanter".

Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • imagemommybrynn:
    Has a trashtastic vibe to it for me.  Jocelyn is pretty thought and sounds more legitimate...  Bean is not a name, it is a good that makes you gassy... I would be curious to hear the special meaning behind because it would have to be darn special to use that for a mn.

• Too cutesy and it does sound Teen Mom-ish.
  • I really like it, guess we are the few who do lol.. But Im not a fan of the spelling.. I also like Jaylee and Jocelyn
  • My friend's daughter is named this, except hers is spelled Jaylin.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I don't really care for it, but I once knew a girl named Jessalyn, which I thought was pretty and unique. Just a thought.
  • I think it's really trashy sounding. I also know a girl, about 12 now, with the name, and her family is pretty trashy, so that doesn't help. 

Sorry! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like it and I also like the suggestion Jocelyn (sp).  I'm also very, very curious about the significance of "Bean".  My Great Grammie's NN was "Beans" and I was joking with my DH last night about figuring out a way to use it for a name!  So please, please tell us the special meaning!!
    IAmPregnant Ticker Support with Integrity
  • I know a Jaelynn (friend of a friend). The name is pretty, but not one i'd use. If you like it, use it.

• honest reaction: small town name

DD's nickname is Bean, but I couldn't use it as a real name ever. Are you Cobain fans? 

• I actually do like Jaelyn & have never known one until our friends had twins (B:Julian, G:Jaelyn) 1week before DS was born.
    DSC04873-1 AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Sounds to me like one of those "my career will top out at Hooters waitress" type names.
  • imageCiderWench:

I don't care for it. The sounds are unappealing to me, and it's too cutesy/trendy. Sorry.

I like TheWop's suggestion of Jocelyn though...

This.   

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Visit The Nest!
  • Unless you're Frances Bean Cobain, I can't imagine the MN Bean to be fitting. Not to mention her parents were two of the heaviest drug users.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have a 3 year old adorable patient named Jaelyn...so I have a good association with the name. I like it.

So curious to know what the special meaning behind the MN Bean is...care to share?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't think it's a horrible name, but I tend to lump it in with the Jayden/Brayden/-ayden type names. Trendy and not a lot of meaning to it.

I love the pp suggestion of Jocelyn. It's very pretty and lends itself to some cool nicknames too. How cute would the nn Joss be? :)

"A great adventure is about to begin..." VOTE on my Name List
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"