3rd Trimester
Options

Quick baby shower question...

Appearantly, people are not seeing the Babies R Us registry card in the invitation when they open it and are throwing the envelope away.  Is it in poor taste to have the hostess call invtiees and politely let them know that the card may not have been seen and to let them know where we are registered at?  Or just let it slide?  I am a first time mom and we are in desperate need for our registry items :(

Re: Quick baby shower question...

• Options
    Yes, that is in poor taste. How do you know they are not seeing it? Did someone ask you? If they are wondering they will ask where you are registered. If the hostess calls, it sounds even more gift grabby.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If people want to know where you are registered at they will as the host when they call to rsvp or they can ask you.  I wouldn't have anyone call them.  They do not have to buy off of your registry no matter how much we would prefer that!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, I think that would be in poor taste.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    I wouldn't - besides, not everyone will stick to the registry. How do you know they aren't seeing it? I kept track of my registry and was disappointed when things weren't being purchased - but everyone waited till the last minute, so now it's depleted. So if this is the reason you're thinking that, just wait it out. You never know, you may end up with similar gifts you wanted (just not the exact ones you picked out) anyway.
                    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

• Options
    I had the same problem .  The  Buy Buy Baby card and BRU cards are two different sizes.  The BRU is very small in comparison.   My sister brought up the issue at a family party to those who said there was only one card, people weren't seeing the BRU one.  But I don't think a phone call is worth it, just return stuff you don't need and buy stuff off your registry.  That's what I did, and it was a lot of fun :)  Plus I could use coupons and I think I was able to stretch gifts and get more of what I really needed/wanted. 
    image. image. image.
  • Options
    with few exceptions people ignored our registry and simply bought us a thousand blankets and clothes....which was slightly aggravating but oh well.  thankfully the grandparents and aunties took care of alot of the big stuff but everyone else seemed to buy whatever cute thing they saw.
  • Options

imageryry1977:
    If people want to know where you are registered at they will as the host when they call to rsvp or they can ask you.  I wouldn't have anyone call them.  They do not have to buy off of your registry no matter how much we would prefer that!

I agree with this completely!  Also, I know you weren't in charge of putting together your invitations so it's kind of pointless telling you this but it's always helpful to have the registry information on the actual invitation as well as including the registry card.  That way if people lose the registry card they still know where you are registered.

• Options
    Yes that would be in poor taste. However if you are talking to your friends you can mention things like you are going to BRU and hope people but stuff off your registry.  Just don't worry about it though because the people that would buy things off of it probably are automatically searching for it.  Especially with baby showers you tend to get a lot of clothes (people love to buy clothes) instead of stuff you need.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Agreeing with all previous posters. Contacting your guests would be in poor taste. In fact I would be upset if the folks planning my shower put any mention of the registry in the invitation AT ALL. The proper way to find out where someone is registered is for them to ask either you, a relative, or one of the shower planners. (Or nowadays, to just go to one of the likelier websites and check their registries, that's how I usually do it). 
  • Options

If I were invited to a shower and someone called specifically to tell me where the person was registered, I would be extra mad. If I want to buy them something off their registry, I will find out where they're registered on my own.

So just leave it where it is. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Don't expect registry items even if they see the card. My advice, say thank you for what you get and use the barcode app on a smartphone to find out where thigs came from and return whatever you don't need and get the registry items with the gift cards from the returns. People buy what they want the baby to have, not neccessarily what is on the registry.
  • Options

Definitely in poor taste to call guests to remind them where you are registered. Sounds very gift grabby. If people have questions and/or don't see the card, they will reach out to the host.

I agree with PP that people do wait until the last minute, especially if there is a brick and mortar store near their home. I had a few people actually buy on their way to my shower. LOL I only found out because I got the points under my BRU rewards number and I saw the date items were purchased.

TTC since November 2010
    BFP: March 22, 2011 M/C: April 8, 2011 @ 7 weeks
    BFP: June 29, 2011!!! Crossing my fingers for a sticky baby :)
    LO Born early March 2012 We are so blessed image
  • Options
    Yes, definitely in poor taste. However, sometimes people just don't buy off the registry. My shower I had people buying what they wanted or making me handmade gifts, so I had baskets of dollar tree items, 20 blankets and 20 bath towels and nothing I had registered for. It was a hassle, but we just scanned all the barcodes with our phones or checked the UPC online to do exchanges (and at Target, they have a limit for what you can exchange without gift receipts, which no one provided, of like $80 so if you've exchanged anything in the last year, bring a spouse or friend with a valid ID). The rest we just tried finding on Craigslist. It sucks, I won't deny it, but sometimes that's the way the cookie crumbles. It definitely made us sit and contemplate need versus want too. Hope things work out in your favor!! 
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"