Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Lines not darkening on OPKs

Hi ladies, happy new years eve! I've been temping and using OPKs since August, and every month I have been able to get positive OPKs and CH on FF. I should O in about 2 more days, and in months past, by now the line on the OPK would be darkening a bit. This month I've got nothing, just a control line. I don't think it's a bad batch of tests; I've been testing with 2 different tests (wondfo and clinical guard) twice a day. Has anyone had this happen? Could I maybe just O late this cycle? Last month FF gave me dotted CH but I also did not get a positive OPK then either (although the line got close to positive). Thanks for your input!
Cycle 7: BFP 1-17-12, Missed Miscarriage at 8w6d (measured 7w2d, no HB), D&C 2-29-12
Cycle 9: BFP 5-3-12:EDD 1-24-13 It's a girl! Born 12-27-12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Lines not darkening on OPKs

• Options

It's possible that you haven't O'd yet, or perhaps you've missed your surge. Are you testing more than once a day?

I have yet to ever receive a + OPK.

08.2008 | Diagnosed with PCOS
    11.2011 | First appointment with RE
    12.2011 | HSG reveals 100% blockages in both tubes
    02.2012 | Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy to unblock tubes...success!

{ BFP # 1 | April 1, 2012 }
    Jonah Alexander is here! Born 12.07.12 @ 39w3d

{ BFP # 2 | May 22, 2013 }
    Chemical Pregnancy :(

{ BFP # 3 | February 12, 2014 }
    So far, so good! We love you, little peanut!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    O can definitely vary from month to month (I've O'ed everywhere from CD 13-CD 30).  It's still early, even if you have O'd this early in the past.  Keep peeing on things and don't get worried yet.  GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When that has happened to me, it's been because I ended up Oing later in the month. I was either sick, had other stressors (work, travel, family) that I didn't realize were stressors at the time, and twice my ovaries decided to just f'cck with me. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Okay, thanks for all your responses. Is it also possible to have an anovulatory cycle without there being an underlying problem? Hah I should chill, I always go worst case scenario...also, is this something worth mentioning to my OB, I have an appointment for an unrelated issue next Wednesday.
    Cycle 7: BFP 1-17-12, Missed Miscarriage at 8w6d (measured 7w2d, no HB), D&C 2-29-12
    Cycle 9: BFP 5-3-12:EDD 1-24-13 It's a girl! Born 12-27-12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagekpowers982:
    Okay, thanks for all your responses. Is it also possible to have an anovulatory cycle without there being an underlying problem? Hah I should chill, I always go worst case scenario...also, is this something worth mentioning to my OB, I have an appointment for an unrelated issue next Wednesday.

You are on CD11 according to your ticker, I wouldn't even start considering an anov cycle yet. 

imagekpowers982:

You are on CD11 according to your ticker, I wouldn't even start considering an anov cycle yet. 

Agree. Just keep peeing on those sticks twice a day. Sometimes people can fade in to a positive, and sometimes it's just negative one day and then positive the next. Don't think the worst and don't Google Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"