January 2012 Moms

Baby dropping/swelling (totally tmi)

My OB did an internal exam at 37 weeks and when he found my cervix he made this startled expression I don't think I was supposed to see and then he went on to tell me that LO is really low but I wasn't effaced or dilated.  So since baby dropped before I was 37 weeks I've been finally able to eat but my whole bottom area has been swelling bigger and bigger.  Any amount of time I spend on my feet aggravates it and seriously my labia have doubled in size.  Everytime I go to the bathroom and wipe I'm startled by how things down there are so very different in size than just a few weeks ago.  And worstly, I've been wanting to have sex a lot lately and while DH has said the changes down there feel good to him, after we have sex I am so horribly big, red and swollen down there that it makes me even more uncomfortable.

Here's a crude illustration of what I'm trying to explain so hopefully some others can tell me they're also changing into this shape and I'm not alone!  When I touch down there it feels strangely convex; whereas things used to be shaped like this;

O-l--<      okay if that's the position I'm laying in then you know how the enterance to your vagina is kinda shaped like this {  ?  with that little point being the enterance.  Well now that same area is shaped like this )

I refuse to even take a mirror at it b/c of how horrific I imagine it looks.  I made DH look :)  He said it doesn't look 'bad' but that it just looks swollen.  I guess I'm just disturbed by how much pregnancy at this point has changed my body and this isn't something I can complain on FB or to my family about so I needed to get it out of my system.  I remember being shocked when I was in labor with DD and they pulled the mirror out so I could watch her being born and the way my whole area down there looked startled me b/c it had changed so much that it was unrecognizable from my normal appearance.  So I know it's normal, it's just that this didn't happen until the VERY end with DD's pregnancy and I've been dealing with this over 2 weeks now and it seems to be getting worse!

Has anyone else been swelling this big already?  Or at least noticed a change when your baby dropped?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Baby dropping/swelling (totally tmi)

• I'm no help, as I've been swollen since 25 weeks. It's gotten worse now, though.  Everything down there used to be super small prior to pregnancy, now it's just swollen and sex has been out of the question.

It's so bad, anytime my doctor does internal exams or even a swab test, I jump due to the sensitivity. :(  I'm just so ready to pop her out! lol 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Hahaha!!   I love the parentheses and bracket anatomy, and your stick man is adorable!   Mine doesn't feel a whole lot different, but when I look at it in the mirror it looks crazy.  I don't even want to look anymore, I'm done!  
    DSC_0637DSC_0742 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • mirror for me was a bad idea.....certainly looks crazy.....just go with your gut if its feels swollen then it probably is....and leave it at that.....i think this is just a preview of what its gonna look like after the LO comes out.

DC:#1 10/2006 born at 40 weeks (33 weeks PTL)
    DC#2 born silent at 22 weeks 1.11.11
    Dc#3 born vbac 1/2012 <bra DC#4 born VBAC 3/2014
  • I peeked at my lady bits a couple months ago... and decided to not look at them again. >.<;  I haven't gotten any comments about it from the OBs, but I hate getting checked.  I don't even want to let DH see.
    July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • I haven't looked with a mirror...and don't intend to but I am definately very swollen down there!

Married my best friend 5/2/2008
    TTC our first miracle since November 2010
    BFP 3/16/2011 Chemical Pregnancy 3/20/2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • I've been really red & swollen for a few weeks as well. After the baby dropped we had sex 1 time & it was so uncomfortable for me, and it creeped out my SO, and I bled A LOT afterwards, so no sex since then. Sad

I agree with PP about not wanting my SO or the docs to see it, but then I just accept that modesty and everything else goes out the window when you're pregnant/delivering, and they've seen much worse I'm sure! So I get over it lol. I won't let my SO see my "situation" though.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"