Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Poppin' champagne

As you may know, tonight is New Years Eve. I'm looking for a good cheap-ish champagne to bring over to our friends house. She is taking care of all the food so I have been assigned champagne. I won't complain about that, she's an awesome cook and she isn't my MIL so I don't have any deep seeded passive aggressive tendencies toward her (refer to the thanksgiving rolls rage). 

We have Trader Joes, Safeway, Whole Foods and Walgreens/CVS near by. TIA for the recommendations! 

flight photo flight_zpsa49d4a0f.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker TickerI'm a -retired- bronze super member Hi, I'm Dave's wife...

Re: Poppin' champagne

• Options

I have nothing to offer, but I would like to say that I am jealous that you live in a state where alcohol can be purchased at the places mentioned.  I live in Oklahoma, where you must get a babysitter to purchase alcohol because it is only sold at liquor stores. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagepitterpatter129:

I have nothing to offer, but I would like to say that I am jealous that you live in a state where alcohol can be purchased at the places mentioned.  I live in Oklahoma, where you must get a babysitter to purchase alcohol because it is only sold at liquor stores. 

Same here in PA. Sucks....

And OP, how about J. Roget. I think it's pretty yummy, and cheap!

Heymrwilson-2
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagepitterpatter129:

Proud Californian for one more reason now. I didn't know grocery stores that don't sell alcohol existed. We're all loose with our morals over here.

*edit for grammar. It still looks funny to me so I don't know if I fixed it or made it worse.

flight photo flight_zpsa49d4a0f.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker TickerI'm a -retired- bronze super member Hi, I'm Dave's wife...
  • Options
    I enjoy the Barefoot bubbly or Korbel both are around $8/9 bucks...Enjoy an extra bottle for me tonight!! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Not really a champagne, more of a sparkling wine, but Martini Asti is good and fairly cheap.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Corbel isn't bad for the price. I prefer the dry over brut
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Cupcake brand is pretty good. I heart it.
  • Options

I ended up getting a brut rose champagne. I've never had it but she suggested it & I'm intrigued.

andplusalso: She's making us a crab feed and extra sides and didn't ask for us to pitch in (I asked, she said it's on them). What else should I bring? I bought them flowers too & I'm thinking of bringing a bottle of my cousins home-made wine, he's been making it for 40 years so I'm sure its good. I feel like I'm not doing enough.

• Options
    I'm just here to say GO NINERS!
  • Options

imagesillypit:
    I'm just here to say GO NINERS!

Woot Woot! 

• Options
    Asti Spumante is always good. Prosecco is way better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"