Baby Names
Options

Abram vs. Theodore

We are having a hard time agreeing on names. My husband has a strong accent and doesn't like names that he has a hard time pronouncing.

Theodore we both like but my husband because of his accent says it more like Teodore and he doesn't like how he sounds when he says it. Same problem with the nickname. We both like Theo but he hates how he sounds when he says it because it comes out sounding like T.O.  I personally love the name but we're working on it.

Abram is a name my husband can say and enjoys how he sounds. We both really like it.

We are going to keep our names a secret until our little man is born but we're working on our list and these are the only 2 we've even come close on so far :)

Opinions?

Re: Abram vs. Theodore

• Options
    I prefer Theodore. 
    evelyn 4.2010 | will 1.2012 | baby BOY due 12.2014
    pregnant and/or breastfeeding since 2009.

• Options
    I say go with Abram! Its a good strong name and will make hubby more comfortable.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I love both names, and they both are on my long list. Given what you've told us, I'd say got with Abram as the first name because you both seem excited about that one. I also love the potential nickname Abe.

Abram Theodore would be adorable!

Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • Options

not a fan of Abraham

like theodore much better

• Options

This is a tough one....

I'm pretty sure that Vincent VanGogh pronounced his brother's name Theo very similar to how your DH pronounces it. In a way that could be a cute way your DS and DH are bonded. DH will likely be the only one to say it the way he does and that could be very endearing to your DS as he grows older. At least that's what I would like to imagine would happen. :)

I like Abram as well but, mostly because you can get the nn Bram. Love love love Bram.

I think I would go with what another pp said and use Abram Theodore.

GL!

• Options
    imageCiderWench:

I love both names, and they both are on my long list. Given what you've told us, I'd say got with Abram as the first name because you both seem excited about that one. I also love the potential nickname Abe.

Abram Theodore would be adorable!

I agree. But I am biased..naming our son Abe :) 

One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Options
    I like Theodore, but I adore Abram. One of my favs.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I prefer Abram, but I think it's cute that your husband would have his own unique way of saying a name.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I like Theodore best but your husband should feel comfortable saying his son's name.   I think you should go with Abram.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I really like Abram.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I prefer Theodore, it is DS1's name. 

Could you compromise and name him Teodore?  DS's new best friend in preschool is Teo.  Yes, Theo & Teo. :)

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Abram!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"