Single Parents
Options

Just need to vent...

Ugh...I'm at the end of my rope today and I just need to vent.  I can't at home because I live with my parents currently (hoping to move back out this summer once my lawyer loan is all paid off) and as nice as they are, they don't quite understand.  I'm having the type of day where I just feel crappy about being a single mom.  The whole "this is not where I thought my life would end up"  blah blah blah.  My DS does not sleep through the night (have tried EVERY. SINGLE. BOOK and asked his pediatrician...nothing works), he is having some sort of gastrointestinal problem (chronic diarrhea, can't figure that out either), and the ex is no help with that and sent DS home on Wednesday from his x-mas visit with a diaper rash so bad he has open sores (already documented at the pediatrician).

What is getting to me the most is how lonely this whole thing is.  I don't know any other single parents (and I've looked), and there is no one to help pick up the slack so to speak.  It's New Years and I'll probably wind up staying in, but I'm just having a sad day and wishing I had a special someone to cuddle in with tonight.  

Got that out, vent over, thanks for listening :)  Onwards and upwards.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Just need to vent...

• Options
    Sorry you are having a bad day. I am very new to being a single parent, and everything is still raw. I can imagine there are going to be a lot of hard days. My big new years plans are to stay home alone with my 5 month old. If I can make it up to midnight, I might wake him up just so I won't be alone. How bad is that!!! Then again, he still wakes up about 4 times a night so he will probably be up anyway! Sounds like you have a lot going on - I get scared when I read about older babies still not sleeping through the night. Then add the diarrhea, diaper rash, and ex .... no wonder you are feeling down. But 2012 is a new year. Try to focus on the positive. (Easier said than done.) I am sure that I will be up and alone on the Bump tonight ... I can't get PM to work on my iPad, but if you send me a PM with your email, I am here if you want to "talk". If you can get your parents to watch LO (I imagine that is a bonus of living there), try to get out for a while. I am sure that it will do wonders for you mindset. I also do not have any single friends, never mind single mothers. I am the only one not married. It sucks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hey Mason and Mama!

Thanks!  Sometimes just getting it out makes me feel better!  Happy New Years to you and here is to 2012 totally kicking 2011's awful butt!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"