2nd Trimester
Options

My husband is sad...

Because I work close to the beer store and i'm always the one that runs by if he wants anything. He says he can't subject me to that once i'm really showing. So he is going to drive 25 miles out of the way (we live in a dry county) to buy beer instead of letting me do it for him.

I think it would be hilarious to see the reactions if I went in to buy it for him.

Luckily he still has a little bit before he has to worry about it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My husband is sad...

• Options
    When I was pg with my DD I was 36 weeks and went to the liquor store and bought DH a Whole CASE of his favorite seasonal beer before it was gone for the year!  The clerk looked at me funny and then asked if I needed help getting it out to my car....it was funny but no big deal!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagehijoi:
    woman wouldn't stop staring at me so I just told her I was going to sleep great that night, and I held up the bottle of Jack that I had. Her eyes bugged out and all I could do was chuckle.

Ha Ha Ha! I'm totally going to convince him that it is perfectly fine and that we don't know anyone there anyway. I just want the laughs!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagehijoi:
    My dad (who was wheelchair bound) used to send me to go for him.  I loved the looks I got.  It really cracked me up! One woman wouldn't stop staring at me so I just told her I was going to sleep great that night, and I held up the bottle of Jack that I had. Her eyes bugged out and all I could do was chuckle.

Okay, this made me crack up! Just because you're buying something in a liquor store doesn't mean you'll be the one drinking it! People are funny.

• Options

Eh, tell him it's fine. I went really pg last time, and it could be a little uncomfortable, but it's not like they'll call social services on you.

What's really fun is going in with a toddler Confused All the bottles are SO PRETTY 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

When my guy's mom was pregnant ...mind you...she is 4'10" and looked like a water balloon about to burst... they were also remodeling the house to make room for baby.

They were paying their contractor friends who were helping in food and beer. She often went on beer runs.

The time came when here rings did not fit... and she went on one of those beer runs... 

She was glared at... people snickered ... but pfft...she did not care! 

People are so strange about that...when in all reality....I would assume 90% of the time, the women are buying for someone else... people ALWAYS think the worst. *sigh* 

• Options
    Ummm...buy the beer.  Ridiculous to drive 25 miles out of the way.  No one will think it's for you.  Buy a lot at one time, if you need to make it really obvious that it isn't just for you.
  • Options
    Plus, I think it'd be funnier if you went to a store obviously pregnant and bought condoms.  THAT I'd laugh at!
  • Options

I agree that you should just buy the beer and enjoy the (possible drama.)

I also agree that it is really funny to buy condoms while obviously pregnant...Even funnier was when I was just weeks from my due date and bought about 20 pregnancy tests...We used them at work and it was time to stock up on them...All I had in my basket was the giant pile of pee sticks!

• Options
    imagemeangene:

Eh, tell him it's fine. I went really pg last time, and it could be a little uncomfortable, but it's not like they'll call social services on you.

What's really fun is going in with a toddler Confused All the bottles are SO PRETTY 

yeah, I learned that the hard way.

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I buy my husband beer often when I'm pregnant. I do the vast majority of the grocery shopping. I don't care what people think, I know what and who its for and that's all that matters to me ;-)
    DC1 (2.5) | DC2 (1) | #3 due 6.1.2012
  • Options

I went into labor in a liquor store. Seriously. 

Not like the movies or anything. My mom needed advice on which wine to get and I used to be a bartender. I felt weird and crampy and had to use the bathroom BADLY. I asked the clerk and he said it was for employees only. I said something along the lines of "I'm due tomorrow" (which I was) and he let me use it. I thought I had broken my water. I didn't but I definitely was in labor. 10 hrs later - DS! :) 

• Options
    I think I will go on a beer, condom, raw sushi and cigarette run during my third trimester

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"