3rd Trimester
Options

I have a Cold

I woke up this am with a sore throat and a runny/stuffy nose. I don't have a fever thank goodness. I was wondering if anyone had any remedy suggestions. Anything will help.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I have a Cold

• Options
    Hot water with lemon & honey to soothe your throat.  A steamy shower helps to loosen your sinuses and chest.  Sleep, lots of sleep.  Vicks vapour rub on your chest.  Saline rinse in the netti pot to rinse out your sinuses. 
    TTC since June/09.
    1st cycle diagnosed with slight hypothyroidism. Clomid, dexamethasone, HCG trigger shot. BFN
    2nd cycle, Clomid, dexamethasone, HCG trigger shot. BFN
    3rd cycle, Clomid, dexamethasone, ovulated with out tigger. BFN
    4th cycle, Clomid, dexamethasone, HCG trigger shot. BFP!!!
    EDD 12/31/2011 ----- actual birthday 01/05/2012

Surprise BFP! - EDD 10/14/2013

Our little boy is on the way!

Lilypie - (Qxvc)

View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (BW9K)

• Options

same here.... ug. Scratchy throat, stuffy nose, body ache. as if being 39 weeks PG wasnt enough.

This morning I am trying hot tea, hot shower, a tonn of water, salt water gargle and neti pot.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagepinkypinklolly:
    Hot water with lemon & honey to soothe your throat.  A steamy shower helps to loosen your sinuses and chest.  Sleep, lots of sleep.  Vicks vapour rub on your chest.  Saline rinse in the netti pot to rinse out your sinuses. 

I don't do Vick's but otherwise all of this. All the ladies at the nursing home where I work swear by the hot honey and lemon for cough. My OB recommended the Neti pot.

• Options
    I've had a cold since Christmas day and it sucks! i just had my midwife appt yesterday and she prescribed elderberry syrup along with lots of vitamin D (at least 10,000 IU/day) and tea with echinacea. If you're having problems with congestion I found it helped to sit in the bathroom with the door closed and the shower running hot water. Hope that helps and we're both well soon! I'd hate to have to labor while stuffed up and coughing :/
    AnniversaryImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"