Cloth Diapering
Options

What else do I need?

Baby is due in about 6 weeks. What else do I need for CD?

- 12 GMD prefolds (6 newborn, 6 of the next size up)

- 12 Chinese prefolds

- 12 Indian prefolds

- 6 osocozy prefolds

- 3 snappis

- 1 KL0 (I am thinking about getting more of these. Good idea?)

- 4 newborn fleece covers from PumpkinPantsShop on Etsy

- 5 Thirsties duo wrap snaps (6-18lbs)

- 1 Thirsties cover (12-18 lbs)

- 4 FuzziBunz OS pockets

- 6 BumGenius OS 4.0s

- 6 Kissaluvs cotton fleece doublers

- 4 sample size jars of CJs 

Planning to buy after my Amazon baby registry completion discount kicks in:

- Charlies Soap Powder

- Bac-Out

- 2 large Planet Wise wet bags for laundry

- 1 medium Planet Wise wet bag for the diaper bag (should I get two?)

What else do I need? I think that when he is sleeping through the night I will end up doing fitted + hemp insert + wool cover.

Do you think I need any fitteds? Any recommendations for best fitteds under $15? I know that the KL0s are well-rated, which is why I got one of them. What about for when they are a little older?

Thanks for all of your help!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What else do I need?

• Options
    wipes/wipe solution?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I forgot to include wipes in my planning to buy category. I am going to either get some baby washcloths from Amazon or I am going to buy a stash of wipes from Etsy. I am not crafty at all, so I don't think I can make my own (I'm not even really sure I know what serging is...)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    may I ask why you have so many different prefolds? (IDK anything about cloth diapers, I am looking into it for next baby)
  • Options

I wanted to have at least 36 prefolds so I could do diaper laundry every other day. I have a variety partially so I can see which ones I like the best and partially because I found out about the GMDs after I registered for and received the other prefolds. The other prefolds I got were just the ones that were highly rated on Amazon.

The sizing seems different on all of them, though, so hopefully I will have enough to get me through the newborn stage. If not, I will just order more of whichever ones I like the best (I am most optimistic about the GMDs since everyone here seems to love them so much, but it's nice to have a variety).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"