3rd Trimester
Options

Baby breech - measuring small

So at my 34 week appt everything was looking great, and the baby was head down. Yesterday, at my 36 week appt come to find out she is breech!

The midwife sent me for an ultrasound, which determined that the baby is only in the 10th percentile for size. I have an NST at the hospital today. and a level II ultrasound next week.

Has anyone been in a similar situation who can offer comfort/advice? 

Re: Baby breech - measuring small

• Options

I haven't been in this position, but my cousin did have a breeched baby who turned. She did the spinning babies method and the baby turned the day before she went into labor. I think other people here have had luck with that as well. 

As for size, are you a small person? I think sometimes doctors and midwives comment on size without considering the rest of the family enough sometimes. I've certainly seen that in my own family. . . 

• Options

I can't help with the breech, except to tell you that there is still time to turn at 36 wks.  

My sister started to measure small around 32 or 34 wks, they did u/s and everything was fine, he was just small.  He was born 5 lbs full term 39-40wks, by a few months he was a little chunky monkey, and still is now at 19 months!  He was just a small baby.

Mini me DD 4/17/08 BFP 12/27/10 m/c @ 8 wks, d&c 2/3/11 BFP 7/6/11 EDD 3/17/12 DS born 3/8/12 Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Breech - I'm not as far along as you are, but my LO has been breech for the most part during the last few weeks. She moves around a lot, so I'm hoping she flips before delivery! I do NOT want a c/s!!

Measuring small - Both of my DD's are small. DD1 was induced at 36 weeks, due to poor growth (IUGR). At that point, she was down to the 3rd percentile and was born at 4lb 10oz, 18in. She was born perfectly healthy and didn't require any extra attention or an extended hospital stay. Today, she's a healthy, happy 16 month old! She has consistently been under the 5th percentile since birth, and she is just a petite little girl. DD2 was measuring in the 17th percentile at my 28 wk percentile but dropped down to the 12th this past week at my 30 wk u/s. I'll start getting twice weekly NST and BPP's after the 32 wk u/s. I'm sure your LO will be just fine Big Smile

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thank you all so much for the reassurance! We had the NST Saturday and I was told the baby was "beautifully reactive" so hopefully she is just a peanut. My husband is 6'2 and I am 5'7. My husband was 10lbs at birth and I was about 7 so it just seemed a little worrisome. We have the level II ultrasound tomorrow so that will also put my mind at ease further. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"