Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

why does my baby think it is the middle of the afternoon?

DD is running around playing like it is the middle of the day. She has NEVER done this. Usually when she gets up in the night she goes back to sleep. We think molars or more teeth might be coming in and she has a bit of a cough so we thought that is what caused her to get up. Seeing how she is playing and laughing she doesn't seem to be in pain or discomfort at all. Any ideas what can be causing this or any suggestions?
Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: why does my baby think it is the middle of the afternoon?

• Options

When kids learn something new developmentally, they often want to practice it any chance they can--and this includes the middle of the night. Sometimes its not even a huge thing, like walking or something. It could just be that she learned to play with a new toy or learned a new word or something.

The only thing that works for us is to keep DD doing things that are not active. If she's up in the middle of the night we snuggle on the couch and turn on Mickey. We give her some milk and do the whole bedtime routine over again. Most times that works. As a very last resort, we bring her into our bed for the night. (This only happens once in a while, and we are ok witht hat)

• Options
    My DD has been getting up in the midle of the night whining and crying a bit almost every night for a few weeks.  I am at a loss as to what to do so I am in the same boat as you although mine doesnt seem like she wants to play.  My pedi said unless he is really crying not to give her Advil for her teeth b/c she may just not be able to get hersef back to sleep.  Interested in the responses.  Good Luck!!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks!  I've always heard of the developmental thing but that has never really bothered DD.  She isn't really talking much yet (only through her signs) so maybe there will be some new words in the new year : )

I just tried to stay quiet with her and after about 2 hours she finally went back to sleep.  Hopefully this is not a habit and will go back to her normal sleep habits - I could always set my watch to her with sleeping! 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"