Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Do you still use a baby monitor?

LO just turned two :)

We still use a baby monitor - mostly because it makes me feel better.  DH thinks we could do without it now, but I can't quite give it up yet.  Anyone else?

Embarrassed

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Do you still use a baby monitor?

• Options

We live in a townhouse and can hear DS from pretty much any room in the house.  We haven't used the monitor on a regular basis since he was about a year old.  I do use it, however, if I ever have to close his door, like if we have company and it's going to be loud or if I have to close the door to our room.  I will probably use it again when we switch him out of his crib.

That said, if I lived in a larger house where I couldn't hear him from any room, i would still use it. 

• Options
    Yes. I actually bought a second video monitor for this LO as I wasn't ready to quit using DD's. At this point, I mostly use hers at naptime to see if she's sleeping or wandering around/playing, and to be able to roam the house a little more freely (our workout room and my craft area are in the basement, and I wouldn't feel comfortable heading down there without the video monitor).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, but we would not be able to hear when he woke up if we didn't use one.  After we switch to a toddler bed and he gets used to that for while then we will move on from it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, but mainly when I'm home alone w DS. 
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    Yea I like to see if he's waking/getting up or just whinning in his sleep. He still doesn't STTN yet.
  • Options

Oh, absolutely!

I don't know what we'd do without the video monitor. I like being able to peek at it to see if she is really up or just making noise tossing around, if she stays in her bed at naptime, etc. She's in a full size bed and sometimes she quietly gets up and comes into our room, but there are still nights where she wakes up fussing a bit and if she's still laying down, we let her fall back asleep.. if she's sitting up and crying we know to go and help her.

We even take it with us when we go stay with my sister.

I love that thing. 

• Options
    Yes we do. I am partially deaf in one ear and cant hear him if he cries. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yup.  Always at night, not at nap.

• Options
    We stopped at one year-when I was not enjoying waking up to every little whimper.  Our house is small enough that if he cries or screams, we hear him, easily.  When dd was born, we put the monitor back in his room (and one in hers) because I was afraid I would be so exhausted on maternity leave that I wouldn't hear him in the mornings (and he wouldn't get out of bed without me coming to get him).  So now we have one in both kids' rooms, but we could easily hear them without.
  • Options

Like PP said, we bought an extra camera for our video monitor for #2 because I am not ready to give it up. She is going through a no nap phase and I like to keep an eye on her. Plus I work late shift and DH is HOH. He sleeps with the monitor cranked up right next to his ear so he can hear her.

• Options
    Yes, & I can't see not using it for quite a while.  We have a large house & wouldn't be able to hear DD unless she was crying.  I want her to wake up happy & not feel like she has to cry to get mommy to come and get her.  I have a friend with a 7 year old & they still use theirs.  I can't see taking it that far but for a year longer or until she's out of her crib which I would love to use for at least another year.  
  • Options
    I still have one. I cant hear DS from his room when I am in mine, and I like to be able to hear him if he wakes up.. and he does every know and then
  • Options
    We stopped using it around 2. But we recently had a new bedroom put in above our living room which was 2 stories. So now I use the monitor at naptime and right when DS goes to bed and I am on the main floor. At night we don't use it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes. DS had a terrible asthma attack in the middle of the night last spring.  The only reason I woke up was because we use a monitor.  He couldn't breathe enough to cry, he was just making this awful grunting sound.  I will probably just get a 2nd monitor for the new baby's room, because I feel sick whenever I think about what would have happened if we hadn't used the monitor that night.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Options
    It's been at least 6 months + since I have used one.  And for the 6 months before that it was only if I was in the front/back yard with the older kids playing...Our house isn't that big and if he really needs me, he will cry loud enough at night tho he never does. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We still use one.  We can't hear DD when we are in our room.  We keep all bedroom doors closed because of the cats, and we have 2 fans running in our room year round (DH runs hot) and we can't hear her over the fans.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

we still use it for our almost 5yo... our house is small, but we have white noise machines on in all the rooms at night b/c we live on a semi-busy road, and we all just sleep better with white noise.... so its hard to hear them in their rooms, even though they are close by - our house is older and muffles sound pretty good, too.

we'll use it until our sons tell us to stop probably :)

I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"