Preemies

Hello and Introduction

Hello.  I'd like to introduce myself and say thank you for all of the helpful information and encouragement that I've gained in just the few days I've been checking out this board.  

I had my baby Christmas day, via emergency c-section, after being diagnosed with HELLP Syndrome.  Baby A was born at 33 weeks and 2 days.  In addition, she's a little peanut and was only 2lbs 14oz at birth.  We're expecting her to be in the NICU for at least 3 more weeks.

Thankfully, she's a little fighter.  She's breathing on her own, they've been upping her feedings and she's an ounce past her birth weight.  She's being tube fed and I'm pumping like a maniac. :)  Hopefully tomorrow she'll get rid of her IV and biliblanket.  

Last week was such a whirlwind.  I've been so emotional and still can't believe that all of this really happened.  I'm so happy with her progress, but worry about potential setbacks.  I truly appreciate all of the support and personal stories that I've come across while reading your posts!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Hello and Introduction

• Welcome to the board and congratulations on your daughter! 

Have you checked out the preemie mom resource blog? The link is at the top of the preemie board page. The ladies here are wonderful so if you have any questions, just ask! 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Welcome and congrats on your daughter! Its great that she is already breathing on her own and gaining weight!

The NICU is an emotional rollercoaster (I'm sure you've already heard that). My best advice is to give yourself permission to feel whatever fears you have but to focus on what is real for your daughter-like right now she is doing really well. Also, make sure you are taking care of yourself while she is in the NICU, she needs a healthy mommy taking care of her!

• Loading the player...
  • Congratulations on your daughter!! Hope she continues to do well!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome to the board and congratulations! This is a very supportive board.  I hope your LO continues to do so well and is home soon!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"