January 2012 Moms

L&D this afternoon (long)

I felt like crap all day yesterday but still went to dinner with my sister. About 10pm last night I started throwing up. Well, I was up ALL night in and out of the bathroom and having painful contractions.

I started timing them at 0600; they were 4-6 minutes apart for 2.5hrs. I got in a warm shower to see if that would help--they were then 3-5 minutes apart for 2 hours. So, of course, we head to the hospital hoping it was baby day.

They put me on the toco, everything looks great with LO, contractions still 3-5min. The resident came in to check me--dilated to 1, 60% effaced (which is the exact same as 2 weeks ago). So, DH and I walk around for an hour, all the while knowing it wasn't going to do anything because I have been out shopping trying to move things along. When I was rechecked--no change.

So then the stupid resident is telling me to come back if my contractions are 3-5 minutes apart for 2 hrs (they were), if a shower, laying down, or water didn't help (they didn't and shower made it worse), or if I could not do my 'regular daily activities' during a contraction (I could not). 

The nurse comes in to give me discharge papers and, at this point, i am pissed off and crying. So I asked her when in God's name do I come back? She said 'you will know. There will be a change in what you are feeling now.' She went as far as finding out how far we live from the hospital and telling me what to watch for. I love those nurses!

So now I am at home, I was able to get some sleep (thank God!). Contractions are every four minutes apart but not quite as painful. I am just so tired of not knowing!

Thanks for letting me vent! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: L&D this afternoon (long)

• Oh man! Hopefully things will get going soon so you're not miserable!
  • Ugh, so sorry.  How far along are you?

• Loading the player...
  • 38w 4d...so ready to have this baby!
  • This same situation happened to me!! I have contractions that are 4 min apart that stop me in my tracks, but they wouldn't admit me because I didn't dilate in the hour they let me walk around! It's gotta happen for us soon tho! 
  • OH wow, Same thing happened to me last night! Except, they wanted to induce, and I said no, so they sent me home... I just wasn't feeling right about that.... I don't know why.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have always been against induction as well; I want this little chicken nugget to cook as long as s/he pleases!

But, honestly, now I understand why people do it--I am almost tempted myself!

Hang in there, ladies! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"