Success after IF
Options

Vicious sleep cycle. Help!

We are trapped in a vicious sleep cycle right now. Eliza got way off schedule during the holidays & Sean's recovery from knee surgery - lots of late nights, short or no naps. 

Now, I'm having a heck of a time getting her back on schedule. She hasn't settled down until 10pm every night this week, no matter what time we start. Last night was an over 2hr ordeal with lots of crying. She is still sleeping her usual 12hrs which means awaking at almost 10am, thus pushing nap back, bedtime back...rinse & repeat!

Help me break the cycle. I have a 4mo old & a nearly bedridden husband. This is just not working. I cannot devote 2hrs to bedtime every night & deal with might wakings, too. Thank goodness, Lydia Stan most nights! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Vicious sleep cycle. Help!

• Options

Take this with a grain of salt as I only have to deal with one child....who makes her own schedule:)~

When we are on a cycle where Isabel wakes up late I just do everything in my power to wear her out and not let her sleep, then give her a bath and let her play in the tub for as long as she wants, get her in her jammies, keep low lights and she usually goes out pretty quick.

Good luck, I hope they cycle is broken soon!

For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    It will be hellish, but, what if you woke her at 8 instead of letting her sleep until 10?  It might take a couple of days before it all resets itself, but, waking her earlier will make her ready for her nap earlier (in theory!).....
    Lisa
    Not a newbie, but, had to create a new account - formerly LBR_NJ

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Blog - "Helping Make Sense"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageLisaBRM:
    It will be hellish, but, what if you woke her at 8 instead of letting her sleep until 10?  It might take a couple of days before it all resets itself, but, waking her earlier will make her ready for her nap earlier (in theory!).....

This is probably what I would do. 

Good luck!!

• Options
    Skip her nap (one time)  - and that night put her to bed at 7 or 7:30p. 
    Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

• Options
    Thank you ladies. We tried skipping a nap one day, but because she is so far behind on sleep, she passed out the second we got in the car to run an errand at like 5pm, setting back even more for bedtime. We also had a day or two where she only napped 20min or so & we thought for sure she would be ready early, and she was, but only if I was holding her. I'll try waking her early and/or skipping a nap on Sunday & hopefully that works! Thanks, again!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"