June 2012 Moms
Options

Today I was upset/mad/stabby... LONG

Ok shortest rant possible - 

The only reason I started going to this hospital for my baby needs was b/c they would take me. I had insurance pending and no one would touch me. I am not really comfortable there. I don't see any doctors - it's all med students unless something is wrong. It's about an hour from my house also. 

The first time I was there, was after my scare. Early Nov I almost miscarried - I had a 9:40 app - didn't get called until after 12:30, they did a Q&A with a med student, they did a pelvic exam then sent me off to get labs. I was stuck in labs for hours waiting for those students to be ready. By the time I left it was almost 4pm.

The second time I was there similar problem - waited hours for a quick 15 min Q&A with a med student and off I went.

Today I was told by a med student I was getting my a/s. I told her that I heard it was too soon, I would only be 18 weeks. She convinced me it's fine, it's normal, and I get to see what I'm having. So for the passed month me and my hubby have been getting really excited about today. We even showed up early.

My app was for 10:45 - finally after 1:30 they call me in. They bring me to an app room - I tell them no - I was told I'm only here for my a/s. I thought the nurse would bring me to the back where the ultrasound rooms are. Turns out - someone messed up. I'm assuming it was the med student. They never gave me the proper paperwork to take a completely different part of the hospital to get my a/s.  Fine whatever - I was upset but nothing could be done, the u/s people were overly booked. So I went on with the stupid app since i was already there. 

Yet again I get a different med student who again, asks me the same questions about my first tri, then the same questions about my second tri - it's the same Q&A I've had two other times. Shouldn't all that info be in my charts and file????? Then he learns that I had a scare and wants to talk about that. I do not want to relive my almost miscarriage every damn time I go there!!

Then it's a quick feel of the belly, which in my experience students are pretty rough. So I nicely told him he was kinda hurting me, he ignored and kept going. Boy needs to cut his damn nails! My Hubby was sitting across from me with white knuckles... he wasn't happy. Then the students tries to find the heart beat. I thought I would help him out - I mean I'm not doc but maybe there's a trick if he knows where the baby is. So I tell him. He then proceeds to spit out word for word from his textbook, "Well at your stage.... the baby should be three inches higher and a little to the left. You see, during the normal fetal movement there are stages..." So now I'm mad and he never found the heartbeat. He asks if I feel him/her move - I said yea I guess. I'm only 18 weeks, NOT EVERY WOMAN/BABY is the same!!! I think I feel him for time to time.

He leaves.. comes back 6 mins later. He lost my paperwork. He thought he left it in the room. He leaves and we don't see him for another 25 mins. At this point I'm beyond stabby. I just wanted out of there. I didn't leave the place until 3pm!! I went almost 6 hours without eating! I was starving!

So here is my question... if you've made this far into my insanely LONG rant.... am I nuts to switch this late in the game? I am not comfy and I want to switch but scared that I may not find another doctor or get an appointment in time to get tests done. But I really don't want to go back there. It's soooooo stressful for me.  Has anyone else switched at this point and what was your outcome?? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Today I was upset/mad/stabby... LONG

• Options
    You aren't that "late" in your pregnancy to switch. You have to do what you are comfortable with and according to this, it leaves a lot to be desired. I would switch if I were you.
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'd switch, no doubt. And when you do, I'd ask the new OB to see your chart so that you can make sure that everything thats supposed to be in there IS, in fact, in there.

GL!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagecelestialnyte:

I'd switch, no doubt. And when you do, I'd ask the new OB to see your chart so that you can make sure that everything thats supposed to be in there IS, in fact, in there.

GL!

This.  I'd definitely switch. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You are definitely not nuts.  I would switch right away!
    image image image image image image image image
  • Options
    imagePhantomPower:
    imagecelestialnyte:

GL!

This.  I'd definitely switch. 

I definitely agree!!  It is not worth it to leave being this stressed and not getting the answer  you want!!!   

Jennifer TTC #1 Dx PCOS 2009 Apr, Aug, and Sept tried clomid cycles.... BFN. Oct...DH SA results were normal. Me...HSG - left tube was clear, right tube was slightly blocked. Dec - Clomid #4 200mg Feb 2010 - IUI #1 200mg Clomid = BFN. June 2010 - IUI #2 200mg Clomid = BFN. March 2011 - IUI #3 w/ injectables = BFN (1st & last with RE, moving on to IVF). July 2011 - consult for IVF. Sept 2011, 1st IVF. Got our BFP on 10/2/11. Became a mom on 5/5/12 to a beautiful baby boy! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

What kills me is that it's a "really good hospital" from what I've been told. Everyone has such amazing things to say about the birthing center and the staff. But since now I know it's not just the pregnancy hormones, I'm going to call a private office closer to my house. 

Definitely not going back!! Thank you Ladies. It's good to hear I'm not nuts from someone other than my hubby and dad. LOL

• Options
    Please get out of there. Your experience sounds like a nightmare - just imagine labor and delivery. I can definitely understand why you are upset.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I would definitely switch!  You are not to late in the game for that....really I don't think there is ever a point where it is too late to switch if you aren't comfortable in your current situation.  It's not like you have a doctor there that you have been seeing anyway.  I would start calling OBs first thing Monday!
  • Options

I switched doctors and 32 weeks with my second wish I had done it sooner lol.

• Options

I'm in the middle of switching, but not because I don't like my doctor. if I was treated that I wouldn't even hesitate about changing doctors

• Options

I would absolutely switch. No question. No way I could deal with that.

I don't think you'll have any issues. You're not really "late" in your pregnancy.

Good luck! I'm sorry everything has been so stressful.

• Options
    I would say you're nuts not to switch.  That sounds like a dangerous situation to me.
  • Options
    I'm glad you've decided to switch. That sounds absolutely awful. I don't know how you've put up with it as long as you have.
  • Options
    imageInLove621:

What kills me is that it's a "really good hospital" from what I've been told. Everyone has such amazing things to say about the birthing center and the staff. But since now I know it's not just the pregnancy hormones, I'm going to call a private office closer to my house. 

Definitely not going back!! Thank you Ladies. It's good to hear I'm not nuts from someone other than my hubby and dad. LOL

I'm not sure where you live, but it seems wierd to me that you would be getting your prenatal care from a hospital itself rather than an OB practice.  Is your insurance situation straightened out now?  If so, or you are paying OOP anyway, then I would definitely switch.  Just call an office and ask if they are currently accepting new patients, then say you would like an appointment.  I would do it ASAP or make sure that you get your A/S done at your old providor though because you don't want that to fall through the cracks. 

• Options
    Glad you decided to switch!  I was at 18 wks with my DS when I moved out of state.  So had to find a new OB and get everything going again.  It meant I had to wait a little bit longer for the a/s (I think I was 24 wks), but that just meant it was that much easier to tell I was having a boy!
    IAmPregnant Ticker Support with Integrity
  • Options

Not only would I switch, but I would issue a formal complaint against this hospital.  Put everything you said to us in writing and make it known.  You can protect other women from experiencing this treatment- which sounds downright dangerous and unethical. 

Get the hell out of there!!!! The sooner the better.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"