Babies on the Brain
Options

So greek yogurt

Is it suppose to taste like sour cream? I have been wanting to try it and got some tonight one bite in and I was done. Did I just get a bad pack or is it really that bad?
                                       Http://Alwaysannaleigh.WordPress.com

Re: So greek yogurt

• Options
    Plain greek yogurt is all kinds of nasty. I like the fruit flavored ones though. You can put a little honey in the plain stuff to sweeten it up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

It depends on the brand, I think.  I don't really eat yogurt, but DH loves Fage brand and Chobani.  It is a bit thicker, but I wouldn't describe it as "tasting like sour cream." 

But I do love sour cream...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would rather eat sour cream.  Any kind of yogurt is nasty imo.
  • Options

You need to stir it up a lot, it gets less thick the more you stir.  I do love sour cream, though, so I don't stir it all that vigorously.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options

Yes.  

I substitute plain Greek yogurt for sour cream on baked potatoes.  

But if you want something that tastes better I really like the Chobani ones.  My favorite is the raspberry or the pomegranate.  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    did you buy the dannon one?   Cause that one is awful.  I can only eat chobani and fage or homemade.
    To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • Options
    It wasn't Dannon but I'm not sure what brand it was and now it is in the bottom of my trash can so I can't look. It was plain greek yogurt that came with Strawberry on the side to mix in. It reminded me and DH of deoderant you know that sour chakly taste/feeling. I was hoping I'd love it, even though I'm lactose intolerant. I love dairy to much to give it up. lol
    ____________________________________________________________________________
                          My sweet Rylee girl 8-13-2007 and my sweet Emmett man 4-13-2010
                               Annaleigh Willow Elise born and passed at 26 weeks 1 day
                                      Thursday October 17th 2013 from trisomy 13
                                           Http://Alwaysannaleigh.WordPress.com

• Options

I prefer fage.  It's the smoothest consistency that I've found.  Chobani is usually too chunky.

I usually buy the plain 2% kind, then mix in honey and granola or berries.  The pre-mixed flavored kind is too sweet/artificial for me. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options
    I sprinkle a little Splenda in mine, then add cut-up strawberries.  It tastes pretty good.
    Married 08.19.06 ~ DS 9.30.11 ~ Baby #2 EDD 11.28.18

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"