October 2012 Moms
Options

Dear class of Oct 2012 from class of 2011 with love

Right now you are thrilled beyond belief, or scared beyond belief...possibly both.  Between doubling over the trashcan, and double checking that pregnancy test result, you're a bundle of nerves.  Congratulations mama, you're pregnant.  One year ago we stood in your shoes..some of us first time mothers, some of us this was our second, or third rodeo. The next few weeks you will love each other and be in a happy fog.  Remember that sisterhood when the hormones kick in and the trash talking begins.  You will find support, and you will find flaming but just remember as many babies as you are about to have, there are just as many opinions of how to raise them. So a few quick notes on don't sweat the small stuff... and why to keep perspective.Everyday will bring new discoveries about your bodies and your relationship with your SO.  Everyday will bring joy, or tears.  Some of you will need more support then others, some babies may not make it home, or some will, but there will be health concerns.  You will need each other then. There is nothing that brings a standstill to horrific drama like one of your sisters in need.  Second.. you will want each other to laugh with when the kicks start and the question is asked for the umpteenth time :"can I eat deli meat" the answer is yes btw..but at your own risk and you can also have that cup of coffee you will need around 3rd month. Some of us were dubbed the puppies and unicorn brigade.. but be assured we had our drama..but now that we are on the other side we are so glad we stayed close and get to share our babies' precious firsts.    We are all here to answer questions and pray with you and laugh with you..but no one will be able to enjoy this with you as much as your month sisters.. There are some that say the bump is not a support group, that it is for entertainment purposes... but it is both..  It is what you make it.  You will find at the end of 9 months that you share more with these women than you do with your best friends...some of that is the anominity.  More than one of us in class of '11 have said that if it weren't for each other, we would have gone crazy halfway through our pregnancies.   You will doubt yourself, or experience strangers, family, your MIL or worse DH doubting or disagreeing so you will come here.  You will ask the other bumpies "WWYD?", or "Am I the only one?" btw the answer to that one is almost always "no." Your fellow bumpies may agree with you, or they might tell you your being an asshat.  Feel free to be angry about that, but also consider what they are saying.. because at some point during your pregnancy you will be an asshat at least once...but you will also be wonderful and beautiful.   Remember this always: Your belly is neither to big or too small, you are not looking too fat or too thin,  and when someone says "still pregnant?"  feel free to say "Nope.. I missed the feeling so I stuffed a watermelon in my shirt"  You are gorgeous, and you will be a wonderful mom.  Smile sweetly when someone says get all the sleep you can now secure in the knowledge they didn't sleep any better than you are now. 
Successful after 2 years tttc. Diagnosed with PCOS and Endometriosis. Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family BabyName Ticker

Re: Dear class of Oct 2012 from class of 2011 with love

• Options
    Thank you for the warm wishes :) I hope the ladies who end up calling this board home become as close knit as yours were. Happy New Year!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Well said!!  Congrats for those who will start getting those BFP's soon.  October is a great time to have a baby. For many of you, maternity leave will fall through the holidays!!

xoxo

October 2010 Mama! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Happy and healthy 9months Oct 2012 Mommas!!
    "You and me together can do anything, baby!!" DMB
    Married October 16th, 2010
    TTC #1 since October 2010
    1st BFP 1-12-11
    MC'd 1-22-11
    2nd BFP 2-15-11
    Our Wee One....**KENNEDY JO** born 10/3/11@ 36weeks via Csection
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Labor Buddy to **MRS.ATCH** Welcome Quinn 11-5-11**
  • Options
    I agree with the others. Hope you all have a happy and healthy pregnancy and enjoy it. Your little ones will be here before you know it! :)
    imageimage
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    ~ Winston Churchill
  • Options
    Love this post. Congratulations to all of you joining. Enjoy this crazy journey.
  • Options
    Seeing this post brought tears to my eyes thinking about my pregnancy last year. 

Congrats ladies! October really will be here before you know it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much for writing this. This was the first post I read after opening this board. I couldn't think of a better way to be welcomed.

BPF 1. Baby Girl "Petri" 12/22/11 Said goodbye 12/27/11

BPF 2. Baby Boy "Roo" 1/20/12 Heartbeat 160b/m 2/15/12 Said goodbye 2/20/12

BPF 3. Rainbow Baby Boy "Creed"  4/28/12 Born healthy and alive 1/5/13

BFP 4. "Rainbow 2.0" 8/17/14 due 4/28/15

"Darling don't be afraid. I have loved you a thousand years. I love you a thousand more."

imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    :) class of 10 was so helpful to us.. It was great to be able to write to you!  We will be lurking and reminiscing.  Feel free to pm me if you have questions as well.
    Successful after 2 years tttc. Diagnosed with PCOS and Endometriosis. Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    That was positively refreshing.  Thank you for the kind and warm sentiments. 
    BFP 03/30/12 | EDD 12/07/12 | DS1 12/01/12
    BFP 06/25/17 | EDD 02/24/18 | DS2 02/19/18
    BFP 12/20/18 | EDD 08/26/19 

• Options
    Thank you for the smile and comfort you just brought upon me. I still don't know for sure if I will be an October 2012 mommy, but thus far I love all the posts and comments I've read from my fellow Oct. 2012 sisters. FX for me, I hope to know by sometime mid next week! =)

**Married to My Best Friend Since 04/2010**

**Success After Loss**

• Options

Congratulations October 2012 mommies! Who knows, you may end up being September mommies, like I and several others were. Smile The October 2010 moms were awesome in giving us their best product picks and must haves so when it comes time to register, you'll know where to find us and we'll give you all our tips. And just think, this time next year, you'll have one the size of the picture below! I hope you all have happy healthy pregnancies. Being pregnant can be both joyful and challenging, and most people tend to be more in one camp or the other, but bottom line, the baby at the end of the pregnancy journey is WORTH the discomfort. I won't tell you to enjoy every moment as it can be hard, but it is such an exciting time full of anticipation of the life changing event to come.  Yay October '12!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

This was beautiful. Thank you so much.

Love,

A brand new member of the class of 2012 :) 

"Even miracles take a little time" Our little pumpkin is here!! Dominick William arrived 2 weeks early on September 30, 2012! 8 lbs 2 oz and 20 inches. For you I've waited all these years.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"