Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

When to wake?

LO fell asleep at 5:20 pm...it's almost 8 here -- do we just say screw it and assume he needs the extra sleep?  He had a craptastic nap day, and he's usually a pretty good napper (1 1/2 nap and a 30 minute nap vs. 1 1/2 morning, 2 hour afternoon and 45 minute evening).  I hate this scenario which may mean a VERY awake baby in the middle of the night.

The earliest he's ever fallen asleep was 6pm and it didn't seem to affect his night...and one time we woke him from an evening nap and seriously regretted it...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: When to wake?

• Options

I was wondering something similar. DD did terrible with naps today and instead of keeping her awake an extra 30 minutes then put her to sleep early, I put her down for a super late nap (5pm). She usually only sleeps 30-45 minutes for naps but it's been over an hour now. I'm trying to decide whether or not to just bathe, feed, and rock back to sleep when she awakes or if we should play with her for 45 minutes or so before doing our bedtime routine sooo much later than usual. She's typically asleep by 6:30pm.

If I were you, I wouldn't wake him (but I NEVER wake a sleeping baby). I'd assume he needs the nap. And I also don't think it will affect his night sleep too much.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yah I'd tend to agree with you.  He'll wake when he wakes, and hopefully his cues will be strong to either eat and go back to bed, or have some mommy/daddy/baby snuggle time.  I feel bad for DH who got home from work at 6:00...he'll love the snuggle time if it goes that way :c)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"