Pregnant after IF
Options

XP from SAIF re: low motility

Hi ladies, I normally post on TN boards but DH and I recently finished our infertiltiy testing and I was looking for information on what worked for you all. The only issue we have is low motility, first SA showed 28% and the second showed 36%. I got a call from a nurse today to go over my most recent bloodwork and she said my doctor wasn't in today but her notes say we will likely move on to IUI. Of course I plan to go over this in more detail with my doctor but I wanted to hear from people that have been through it. So ladies who dealt with low motility, what worked for you? I appreciate any and all input :) Thank you!
image image
TTC Dec 2010 - DX MFI Aug 2011 - CD3/7DPO labs good - HSG all clear
IUI #1 1/13 = BFN
IUI #2 = BFN
IUI #3 + Clomid = BFN
IUI #4 + Clomid = BFFN
IUI #5 + Clomid = BFN
IUI #6 + Clomid = BFN
IVF coming soon

Re: XP from SAIF re: low motility

• Options

Is it just low motility or is there also low count?  I would definitely recommend making an appointment with a Uro who specializes in fertility and get YH checked out.  In my case, H had low count and motility and it turned out that he had inflammed vas deferens and was put on antibiotics and anti-inflammatories and it cleared everything up for him.  So it's definitely worth seeing a uro to find out if it's something that can be easily treated. 

If not, your best bet is probably to move on to IUI.  Good luck - I hope you get some answers soon!

Started TTC #1: July 2010 DX: PCOS
    BFP: 12/5/10 Natural M/C: 12/17/10 (5w6d)
    Cycle 10 - 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    Cycle 11 - 50mg Clomid + IUI converted to TI = BFN
    Cycle 12 - 50mg Clomid + IUI #1 = BFN
    Cycle 13 - Clomid Break + Charting + Dr. Recommendations = BFN
    Cycle 14 - Clomid Break + Charting + meeting with URO (all clear!) = BFP!!
    Beta #1 - 105 Beta #2 - 336! 1st U/S (@5w4d)- gest. sac and yolk sac, measuring 5w2d 2nd U/S - 1/16 (will be 8w2d) Stick and grow, little bean! My Ovulation Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker

* Congrats to my girl SarahRuthG on her new baby boy!*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    It's just low motility his count was within normal range. He did get checked out by the Uro and found out he has a varicocele but the Uro did not recommend corrective surgery. Thanks for sharing your story!
    image image
    TTC Dec 2010 - DX MFI Aug 2011 - CD3/7DPO labs good - HSG all clear
    IUI #1 1/13 = BFN
    IUI #2 = BFN
    IUI #3 + Clomid = BFN
    IUI #4 + Clomid = BFFN
    IUI #5 + Clomid = BFN
    IUI #6 + Clomid = BFN
    IVF coming soon
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards