Breastfeeding

Why won't one bag freeze?

I have several bags of frozen BM in the deep freezer. I had been standing my bags up until recently something *dinged* and I realized I needed to lay them flat to store more. I put two bags in last night lying down flat. I went to get a pizza out and noticed that one bag never froze! The other bag is completely frozen.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

Re: Why won't one bag freeze?

• How long was it in there??  I freeze in my fridge freezer and then move to deep freeze, but I have noticed that if I stack a few bags to freeze at one time (I freeze every few days in batches at once) sometimes it takes a couple of them that are stacked in the middle a little longer to freeze.  Since they were all in the fridge, and stay just as cold and eventually freeze within a day, I figure it's fine.  But it did weird me out the first time I noticed it.  (I also don't put fridge temp milk or fresh milk in on top or next to frozen milk, for fear that it will slightly thaw the frozen stuff.)
  • They are all separated. All of the other milk is standing up. These two were the first two I put in laying down. The one on the bottom froze and the one on top of it is still flowing around in the bag! They both came from the fridge.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• Loading the player...
  • Hmm... odd.  You have super non-freezing milk!  ;)  Sorry I am not more helpful.
  • perhaps you pumped right after a glass of wine or something? Properties of BM change with what you eat or drink.  It would freak me out a bit too if I found a bag that wouldnt freeze. Just toss it.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • Was one bag pumped before another? Like one bag would have more hindmilk with the fat and the other was more watery foremilk?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Turn up the freezer a tad? Usually the ones on top freeze faster than the ones in the middle...so this is odd - unless your freezer is set to bare minimum.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • how much vodka did you drink before pumping said milk? hehe! 
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"