Trouble TTC
Options

Seaweed is stuck

so im the one percent of woman that have this put into expand my cervix from a piin point to an eraser  that my re has put in a lot over the twenty years and now i have to be put to sleep for her to retrieve it since it fking broke inside of me. sorry everything is lower case im texting from my phone. honestly i didnt plan on doing this today. has anyone else had this happen before
TTC since November 08 IUI #1-BFN March 1, 2012 Saving Break will try IUI #2 in August 1/2012-S/A wash-count low 3 million 12/30/11 Luminarium(seaweed) stuck in cervix was suppose to "naturally" open it. Surgery for retrival. 12/7/11 Met with Dr. Dougherty new RE-more testing 2/11 Decided to take a year off to save for a new RE 1/11 Cycle day 4 a/s 15mm cyst left Ovary 1 follicle left over no meds this month. 12/10 Cycle Clomid-O'd Progestrone Dostinex =BFN 11/10 HSG-ALL CLEAR & S/A-Adequate 10/10 Cycle- Progestrone and Clomid-O'd=bfn 11/09 lap-removed a lot of scar tissue/endo =not so much cramps during AF ;) 2006 Appendectomy-cyst burst on right ovary =scar tissue 2005 abnormal cells-biopsy and cells removed=scar tissue

Re: Seaweed is stuck

• Options

Hmm I'm confused...you posted this exact same thread a few hours ago, with a different title.

?

ETA: Wording.

08.2008 | Diagnosed with PCOS
    11.2011 | First appointment with RE
    12.2011 | HSG reveals 100% blockages in both tubes
    02.2012 | Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy to unblock tubes...success!

{ BFP # 1 | April 1, 2012 }
    Jonah Alexander is here! Born 12.07.12 @ 39w3d

{ BFP # 2 | May 22, 2013 }
    Chemical Pregnancy :(

{ BFP # 3 | February 12, 2014 }
    So far, so good! We love you, little peanut!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I dont mean to be rude, but you are going to make people think this is MUD because you already posted this today. If this is for real, I am sorry you are going through this.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    And you posted about it last night.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageKdgTeacher:
    And you posted about it last night.

I missed that! Now, I am calling MUD ?? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I almost can't believe it took you all this long to call MUD. Tsk Tsk. Placing the "seaweed" causes it to dilate at all times while there's moisture in there- so always. Seems like a bad idea when ttc. After you ovulate you want that cervix as tight as possible. Sounds to me like someone found this gem on Wikipedia and thought it'd be fun to post about.
    imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMsGMChick:
    I almost can't believe it took you all this long to call MUD. Tsk Tsk. Placing the "seaweed" causes it to dilate at all times while there's moisture in there- so always. Seems like a bad idea when ttc. After you ovulate you want that cervix as tight as possible. Sounds to me like someone found this gem on Wikipedia and thought it'd be fun to post about.

The only reason I slightly believed it early was because I know with Bethany1026 she had to have her HSG done twice because they could not get through the cervix and had to dialte her with plitocin the night before the 2nd. Then with her IVF transfer they still could not get through the cervix and had to dialte her again. Now I am ??that I gave it a second thought. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Seems like too many real posts by OP to be MUD.... Just my opinion.

Maybe the seaweed or anesthesia has affected her memory and she's delusional at the moment? 

Photobucket
  • Options

I am a little late to the game responding here, but this might not be MUD depending on where she is in her cycle and what she is doing (testing, etc). Unfortunately, her sig is not very clear so I am not sure what is going on. 

I did have seaweed inserted in my cervix to help widen it both times I had a D&C. It is called a laminaria (sp??). Both times I have had a D&C I went in the day before to have this inserted to help open the cervix and then had the D&C the next day.

I have never heard of one breaking, but I suppose its possible and if one side broke off inside the ute I guess someone may have to go under general anesthesia to have it removed, but it does seem odd. 

Not sure why I typed this whole thing out, since it probably is MUD since she posted a few times and did not clarify, but I just wanted to say that I guess it is within the realm of possibility!  

Me: 33, Hypothalamic Amenorrhea, DOR (AMH .35), DH: 38, Borderline low morph
    5/09- Off BCP, 5/09-9/09- No period, 9/09-9/10- Lots of Tests & accupuncture
    10/10 and 11/10- 2 rounds of Menopur + TI= BFNS
    12/10-IUI #1 Menopur = BFN
    1/11- IUI #2 Menopur = BFP, 2/11 missed mc at 9 weeks, D&C
    5/11- Operative Hysteroscopy to remove uterine septum
    6/11- IUI #3 Menopur = BFP, 8/11 missed mc at 11 weeks, D&C
    1/12- Lap and Operative Hysteroscopy to remove uterine septum (again) & scar tissue
    2/12- Stint Removal, 3/12 repeat SHG and HSG- showed scar tissue blocking right tube
    4/12- Operative hysteroscopy (again), RE said he can now see right tube (yay!)
    5/12- Stint removal, 6/12 repeat SHG and HSG-both tubes are open!
    8/12- IUI #4 Bravelle = BFN
    9/12-IUI #5 Bravelle = BFN
    1/13- IVF #1, micro-flare protocol, 7R, 6F, 5dt of 2 AA embryos, 1 to freeze = BFP
    Beta #1: 176, Beta #2: 422, EDD 10/8/13- it's TWINS!
    *PAIF/SAIF always welcome*
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"