Single Parents
Options

I can't make this sh!t up..

Ex leaves me a voice mail saying he has something very important to tell me. So I call him back and he  tells me that he wasn't going to tell me, but he got a job and started on Tuesday. He told me that if I told my lawyer he would deny everything and lie about it. Basically he doesn't want his CS to go up. 

Apparently he wants to make a deal with me.  He wants 90 days to pay his arrears balance plus he'll start to pay his current CS amount. At the end of the 90 days he will start to pay the original amount in our support order before we modified it. I seriously think he's crazy. 

1. In our CO it says he is to notify his lawyer immediately if he gets a job so we can reconfigure CS amounts.  

2. Why would I trust him to actually pay the amount he "says" he is going to.

3.  He never said anything about the $100 a month he owes me for back support or the over $500 he owes me just for past hospital bills he hasn't paid. 

If your EX called you with this "agreement" how would you handle it? I never agreed or disagreed mainly because I was in the car with DS and didn't want to argue with EX. I said a lot of "uh huh", "OKs" and "I see's". I am interested to see what my lawyer says tomorrow. He is trying to be in control and I want to make sure I handle it correctly. 

TIA! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I can't make this sh!t up..

• Options

Follow the CO. Log that he told you he started a new job so when he fails to tell his lawyer and the court, you can demonstrate how far back they should recalculate if necessary. 

Your stbxh is so predictable it's scary. 

imageimage. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would tell him to suck it. Honestly. My ex always calls me to try to change our agreement. The state takes out 50$ a month from his paycheck. The navy gives him 1000$ a month for housing allowance (which he wouldn't get if DD wasn't around cuz he is in the barracks) and then the extra 275$ in housing allowance for the dependent is direct deposited into my account. He constantly tries to get out of paying the 50$ cuz things are "tight". I know how much he makes (I know his rank and station it is t hard to look up). If I took him to get things redone through the state calculator he would be paying me 500$ in child support and then the dependent housing allowance to me. He is getting off easy. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Obviously no deals, especially if they use the word deals. I would defiantly let my lawyer know, as well as let them know any details about the job that he told you.

I don't even trust the word "agreement." I am glad that you kept your replies neutral well. Good move!

I feel when ever they "offer" something it is there way of thinking they can nice you into gaining control over something again. I have even had situations where I had to put stipulations in place, XH agreed, and then a day later went off on the part he didn't like, wouldn't agree and made court threats. 

All through lawyers is my motto now. 

• Options
    Follow the CO. No deals. Why did you even entertain this conversation w/this dovchebag? 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemdotm0904:
    Follow the CO. No deals. Why did you even entertain this conversation w/this dovchebag? 

Because he claimed to have something important to tell me and since he never calls I was interested in what he had to say. I didn't entertain anything, I listened.  

• Options
    imageJCGreene85:

imagemdotm0904:

Because he claimed to have something important to tell me and since he never calls I was interested in what he had to say. I didn't entertain anything, I listened.  

My XH does the same thing. Starts off like that, with something worthy of telling me, then it's "oh, while I have you..." and into the manipulation and abuse. It's hard to find the line of being civil yet not allowing him enough rope to play his game.  I completely know where you're coming from. 

imageimage. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageCPA04:
    imageJCGreene85:

imagemdotm0904:

My XH does the same thing. Starts off like that, with something worthy of telling me, then it's "oh, while I have you..." and into the manipulation and abuse. It's hard to find the line of being civil yet not allowing him enough rope to play his game.  I completely know where you're coming from. 

THIS!!!  Follow the CO to the "T".  Don't get sucked into the "I have something important to tell you" line.  We've all heard it.  Been there, done that, got the sticker.  ::yawn::

JC-you really need to read up on manipulation because you're still falling for his BS, hook, line, and sinker.  I just read "Who's Pulling YOUR Strings: Breaking the Cycle of Manipulation" and I highly recommend it.  You need to put your foot down with him otherwise you're in for a long 16.75 years to come.

• Options

Just because I listened to what he had to say doesn't mean I am falling for his manipulation. I was never going to agree to this and I've already spoken to my laywer. I have followed the CO since day and I have no intention of straying from it no matter what he sends my way.

All I asked was for you ladies to tell me how you would handle the situation. I am smart enough not to fall for his B/S anymore.

:)

• Options
    I'd handle it by calling my lawyer and notifying him of the new job, and then we'd be back in court figuring out what the new amount of support should be.  He doesn't get to choose whether or not he notifies the court of a new job.  He doesn't get to choose if he pays you back support and current support.  He needs to pay current support with an additional amount for the back support until the back support is paid off.  No deals.  Screw him.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"