Babies on the Brain

Cooking question

If I double a recipe, I double the cooking time but leave the temperature alone, right? 

Ex, we got a new cast iron skillet that is one or two sizes up from our old one. I'm making a dutch baby with the last of the Christmas ham for dinner tonight, and I need to double the recipe to fill the skillet to the right depth. So I would bake it for about twice as long on the same temperature?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cooking question

• I'd be really careful with that, just in case. I usually start at about 1 3/4 of the time, then check it and go from there. I'd make sure to turn it about halfway through, though, especially if you're making a huge batch, so that it will cook evenly. GL!

TTC since June 2010.
    DX hypothyroidism, pituitary hyperfunction, and PCOS.
    On med/treatment break indefinitely. Not currently trying.
    Lots of love to all of my Golden Girls!
    The Vagtastic Voyage
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Don't mess with the temp. Double the recipe and cook it for the recommended amount of time then check it and see if it needs more time. If it does, then add about 10-15 minutes at a time until you think it is done.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies!
  • It's like an eggy pancake. 

1/2 C flour

1/2 C milk

3 Eggs

Salt & pepper and fixins from below 

3 T butter

Brown butter in a cast iron skillet, or other oven safe skillet.  

Beat flour, milk and eggs until mixed well.

Then add in fixins - see below. 

Bake at 425 for 25 minutes.

-------- 

1/2 C shredded cheese, diced ham, diced onions, shredded potatoes, diced potatoes, peppers, chicken, olives, spinach. Think omelette fillings.

Sometimes we use berries and dust it with powdered sugar when it's done.  

It's a great way to use leftovers. We usually make this for breakfast on the weekend, but tonight I'm making it for dinner to use up our leftover ham and roasted potatoes.  

• imageZoeylucy:

yum.... 

that sounds so good 

Yeah it does. Thanks ETS now I want some. 

• Thank you! I just popped one in the oven with our leftover chicken, potatoes, onion, yellow bell pepper, zucchini, and spinach. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"