Infertility
Options

FSA

Anyone else as excited as I am for the new year to start so there is $$ in your FSA again for fertility treatments!??!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: FSA

• Options

What is FSA?? lol!

We are 100% completely out of pocket for our IVF cycle. Boo!

• Options

Shame!  I would be for IVF treatments too..fingers crossed IUI will work.

FSA=Flexible Spending Accounts.   Taking $$ from paycheck into a pre tax acct for Dr visits and anything prescription.  We only get so much per year but we took out the max in preperation for this!  Its perfect if you are OOP.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am!!!!! That is the only way this cycle is possible!!!! Pray postive results first go around.
  • Options
    Yep!  And we put the max in--$5000!  It will hurt a little, having that much come out of the paycheck, but it's going to come out one way or another, so better it be pre-tax!  We didn't have one for 2011, but we will have 7.5% of our AGI and then some in health care costs, so at least we will be able to take that deduction.  I'm actually looking forward to doing our taxes!!

TTC since September 2009.

IVF #2: +HPT 2/6/12! ~ Boy/Girl Twins!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

FSA's and HSA's are a great way to pay for ART.  These procedures are so frakkin expensive, especially for those of us without insurance coverage.

• Options
    ME ME ME!!! That's the whole reason why we're waiting to do our FET in Feb, so my FSA pays for it all.
  • Options
    ::raises hand:: me, me, me!

"I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted what I asked of him." ~1 Samuel 1:27
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Whatever it takes, we walk together." ~Pittsburgh Penguins
    My IF-turned-baby blog
  • Options
    I am super ready! This is how we paid our out of pocket for IVF and paying for FET!
  • Options
    umm.  yeah :)  and I am frontloading this time so I can hit my max out of pocket and go for free towards the end of next year.
    Us: 39(me)/41(he). TTC since April '11. DOR/MFI. March '12: surgery to remove fibroids, cysts, and endometriosis.
    IVF #1: 9/13/12. ER: 9/25. 3R, 2M, 1F. ET: 9/28 (1-6B). Beta: moved from 10/11 to 10/10: BFN.
    IVF #2: 11/12 cycle postponed due to Sandy and then cancelled due to elevated E2.
    IVF #2.1 cancelled due to cyst.
    IVF #2.2: 2/2/13. Converted to IUI. BFN
    IVF #3.0: 3/2014. BCP & Microdose Lupron.  Cycle cancelled due to poor response.
    IVF #4.0: 2/2015. EPP @ new RE. ER: 3/8. 3R, 3M, 1F. ET: 3/11 (1-8cell). 3/23 Beta: 16.9. 3/25 Beta: 71.6. 3/27 Beta: 300. 3/29 Beta: 800 3/31 Beta: 1816. 4/1 Beta: 4342. m/c at 6w2d. Goodbye little one. I loved you already.
    P/SAIF Welcome.
    My Blog
    imageimageBirthday image

• Options

We maxed out ours as well, just in case.  Even if IUI #1 is a success I know we won't have a problem with the remainder since DH and I both wear contacts/glasses and will have prenatal visits that we'll have to pay for!

Brandon Le born 9/9/13 as a result of IVF#1

• Options
    imagesalesmom:

Shame!  I would be for IVF treatments too..fingers crossed IUI will work.

FSA=Flexible Spending Accounts.   Taking $$ from paycheck into a pre tax acct for Dr visits and anything prescription.  We only get so much per year but we took out the max in preperation for this!  Its perfect if you are OOP.

Ohhh! Gotcha!! No, we don't exactly have that at my job. They do put $100 a month in a medical fund that we can use....Our fiscal year is May-May (WEIRD) and right now I have $700 in there. DH and I decided not to touch it. If we don't use it by May, they cut us a check and we can use the $1200 for whatever. It's stupid we can't roll it over, because it's our money, but still. A FSA would be kinda handy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"