Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Replacing bottle nipples?

How often have you replaced bottle nipples?  We are using Dr. Browns, wondering if it might be time to change them (have used them for about 2.5 months). 
3 failed IUIs, 1 successful IVF Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimage

Re: Replacing bottle nipples?

• Options
    I don't have any immediate plans to replace ours.  They say with pacifiers that the nipple can get loose from the plastic, so to replace them periodically.  I hadn't heard that with nipples, and LO is always supervised.  I figure as he moves up in sizes we'll be replacing them anyways at a regular interval.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Going for worst mother EVAAAAA - I'm reusing the nipples we used with DD1 in 2008...I pulled all of them and checked for tears...they are fine...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageLStorms:
    I don't have any immediate plans to replace ours.  They say with pacifiers that the nipple can get loose from the plastic, so to replace them periodically.  I hadn't heard that with nipples, and LO is always supervised.  I figure as he moves up in sizes we'll be replacing them anyways at a regular interval.

This! The nipples are not that cheap and as far as I know there is no need to continuously replace them. if u are worried about them harboring bacteria sterilize them every few weeks  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    I havent thought of it.....I boil them when I feel they need to be sanitized... we did move to medium nipples but other than that we havent bought any. I plan on keeping the ones I have now for a while.
    Lynette Kaitlyn Jones arrived August 23rd, 2011! Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    We never have, other than to move up from slow flow to medium at around 3.5 months.
    image imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"