Infertility
Options

Hopeful & Positive thoughts for 2012

This is the first time posting on here- I hope I get many responses!  Here it goes- I am 32, have regular 28 day periods, very flat chested, am overweight, have excessive face and body hair, and have never been pregnant.  All my hormone levels tested normal, so the doctors say the hair is hereditary (my mom had facial hair) , but after spending hundreds of $$ on laser hair removal, the hair came back worse. The only way this could happen is if was hormonal.  I had a laparoscopy and hsg done in November 2011 for extreme period pains. The doc said I was all good. My DH had a SA and was told he was on the low side, and could be the problem. I know in my heart this is not true because I have never been pregnant and had 2 relationships in the the past 10 years where we did not use protection and tried to have a baby.  They both have since had children. I feel like every time I go to the doctors I am so hopeful I will get an answer, but all I get is a bill.  My RE said just because I have a normal cycle does not mean I for sure ovulate so I should take Clomid, and if that doesn't work then IVF.  I want children so bad, and am currently taking Clomid (day 3). Anyone else out there with any of these issues? I have to leave my hopelessness feelings in 2011, so I had to vent today.

Re: Hopeful & Positive thoughts for 2012

• Options

Welcome, though sorry you have to be here. This is a great place to give and get support while dealing with IF.

A lot of ladies on here have the Dx of unexplained infertility and that in and of itself can be very frustrating - to not know for sure what the issue is.

I hope you find success with your Clomid* cycles. GL! 

*Make sure your RE is monitoring you with blood work and ultrasound before you start the Clomid and leading up to ovulation. 

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks- I have read enough of these posts- I thought it wouldn't hurt to start writing in them too.  Happy New Year and much blessings to you and your family.

*I am not being monitored.  I have read many success stories without any doctor visits, so I thought I would try it on my own this time.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you are struggling. I don't have a lot of information for you, but I am also unexplained IF. I have a normal 28 day cycle and I hate to admit it, but I'm a little hairy (I do go to excessive lengths to wax/shave/tweeze, as it runs on my dad's side). Although, I have been fortunate to avoid the weight issues. They ran a bunch of tests (including a PCOS panel) and found that I am ovulating, but my acupuncturist and OB believed the ovulation is "weak." Regardless, no one can tell me what is going on. Unexplained IF is such a frustrating dx and I'm so sorry you are going through this. Best of luck to you as you move forward with treatment! 
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Options
    imageeener525:

Thanks- I have read enough of these posts- I thought it wouldn't hurt to start writing in them too.  Happy New Year and much blessings to you and your family.

*I am not being monitored.  I have read many success stories without any doctor visits, so I thought I would try it on my own this time.

Happy New Year to you too!

Please, please reconsider proceeding on these meds without being monitored properly. Your RE should be doing blood work and ultrasounds on you before you start the meds to make sure you're at a true baseline and to make sure you don't have any ovarian cysts before you start. He/She should also be monitoring you leading up to ovulation.

Not being properly monitored can lead to serious complications (like OHSS) as well as High Order Multiples.

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the response.  I'm glad I have decided to be in contact with others going through similar situations.  It's so hard to hear from friends and family (seems on a weekly basis) that they are pregnant.  I am so happy for anyone that is blessed with a pregnancy, but little by little it is affecting my positive outlook I try to keep.  Hoping this year will bring babies!
  • Options

Welcome!  

It's frustrating to know there's a problem, but you don't know what the problem(s) is so it can't be addressed.  Clomid is a fine place to start.  I must admit that I'm surprised you're seeing an RE who has agreed that you could use Clomid unmonitored.  I'd strongly suggest finding another RE if that is indeed the case.

As PP have said, it is of critical importance of be monitored while on Clomid, if for no other reason than the chance of high-order multiples.  Also, you should be monitored with both ultrasound and blood work so they can confirm that you ovulated.  If your RE can't/won't monitor you, or frankly if he/she has not insisted on monitoring, you should seriously considering moving on to another RE.  This is not something you want to or should go alone.  Good luck.

Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"