Upstate NY Babies
Options

Anybody see this in the Buffalo News?

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Doriimage
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Re: Anybody see this in the Buffalo News?

• Options

Ugh. Whatadouche.

Guys like this are such a problem. Because I really feel like I have a valid argument (in my UO below)...but MY issue - which is how BFing moms feel the need to sensationalize NIP and then complain that NIP is sensationalized by others, that they are the first to talk to the news, and then wonder why on earth NIP is such a big deal... instead of just doing it, wherever they want and going about their business. But now I feel lumped in with this guy. Which is disgusting.

I may just have to FB this.

• Options

imageTelyco:
    .but MY issue - which is how BFing moms feel the need to sensationalize NIP

I feel like that was his issue too. Maybe I read it too fast, lol.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Plus, I sort of agree with him on asking women to be discreet, although I don't think he goes about it so well. I understand having bf- anytime, anyplace but for god's sake use a cover or a blanket over your shoulder or something. Some of the Buffalo gals were at a mommy and me... at a Lactation shop, mind you... and a woman just whipped out her breast with no discretion to bf and a room full of bf'ing mothers even looked uncomfortable.
  • Options
    I'd like to see him go eat his lunch on one of those plastic changing tables in the women's bathroom...
    Photobucket
    Charlie 11.01.07 ~ Paul 05.07.10 ~ Annaliese 02.24.12
  • Options
    I just can't believe the buffalo news published it. The 2nd that dude said a bathroom would be a great place to feed a baby he opened himself up to the wrath of 1000s of bfing mamas. That's just gross. I am staying out of it on fb because I think all the drama is ridiculous but I will put my 2 cents here. I NIPed.. but I always used a cover..and usually tried to find somewhere kind of out of the way but that's not always possible. I am annoyed at all this sentiment that we should feed our kids before we go out or seek a dressing room or bathroom out. Not always possible.. especially with a toddler in tow as well. I don't see anything wrong with nursing at a table in a restaurant or in target at all Also,, mel I totally know what/who you are talking abt with the mommy and me thing.. but she was just really bblatant abt it. I have seen some of our ladies nurse without a cover and honestly you wouldn't know they were nursing. I am not one of those people who could nurse discreetly so I always used a cover. Oh.. and I see the point about sensationalizing it and stuff.. and I think this protest thing has done more harm than good at this point but I really think that 95% of ladies who NIP don't do it to make a statement!
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options
    imageMrsWhiteonWhiteSt:

imageTelyco:
    .but MY issue - which is how BFing moms feel the need to sensationalize NIP

I feel like that was his issue too. Maybe I read it too fast, lol.

No - I think it was more of a "I don't want to see it, so you shouldn't do it" type of thing. And do I think it's polite for someone to cover up? Sure. Do I think it's rude to NOT cover up? Nope. Just don't sit in a damn aisle at Target and expect the world to respect your God given right to NIP wherever you feel like it, haha!

I kinda want the lactivists to stage a Nurse-In on his lawn now, though. So maybe they are good for something..

• Options

imageMelissaSue81:
    I just can't believe the buffalo news published it. The 2nd that dude said a bathroom would be a great place to feed a baby he opened himself up to the wrath of 1000s of bfing mamas. That's just gross. I am staying out of it on fb because I think all the drama is ridiculous but I will put my 2 cents here. I NIPed.. but I always used a cover..and usually tried to find somewhere kind of out of the way but that's not always possible. I am annoyed at all this sentiment that we should feed our kids before we go out or seek a dressing room or bathroom out. Not always possible.. especially with a toddler in tow as well. I don't see anything wrong with nursing at a table in a restaurant or in target at all Also,, mel I totally know what/who you are talking abt with the mommy and me thing.. but she was just really bblatant abt it. I have seen some of our ladies nurse without a cover and honestly you wouldn't know they were nursing. I am not one of those people who could nurse discreetly so I always used a cover. Oh.. and I see the point about sensationalizing it and stuff.. and I think this protest thing has done more harm than good at this point but I really think that 95% of ladies who NIP don't do it to make a statement!

wellll I think the bigger issue was she was a strange woman with gross boobs ;)

I do agree it can be done well but it needs to be discreet. I totally agree it can be done, you're right! Not to embarrass anyone but I remember being at Bar Louie for a g2g years ago and all the sudden I noticed xKimx was nursing Charlie- no cover, just under the shirt and it was no big deal b/c she was discreet, people would have had to look 2 or 3 times to even notice. 

• Options
    imageMrsWhiteonWhiteSt:

I do agree it can be done well but it needs to be discreet. I totally agree it can be done, you're right! Not to embarrass anyone but I remember being at Bar Louie for a g2g years ago and all the sudden I noticed xKimx was nursing Charlie- no cover, just under the shirt and it was no big deal b/c she was discreet, people would have had to look 2 or 3 times to even notice. 

Haha, I was just about to chime in & say I think I tried using a cover/blanket a few times & both babies & I hated it so I don't use one. And honestly if people are offended by the sliver of skin they may see, they must be looking REALLY hard at my chest to find it because I think I am fairly discreet.

Photobucket
    Charlie 11.01.07 ~ Paul 05.07.10 ~ Annaliese 02.24.12
  • Options

I think 99% of women are discreet about NIP, but some people have a problem with all NIP, no matter how discreet you are. I think a lot of it stems from ignorance. A lot of people just don't get how nursing works. They thinks it's super easy to just feed your baby before you leave, or "just bring a bottle," or don't go out when you know the baby has to eat, like babies are these lovely predictable things who eat on a perfectly timed schedule, and take bottles with no problems.

I mean, clearly the guy has no clue what he's taking about when he says women should breastfeed on a changing table. How the heck would that work? 

• Options

imageMelissaSue81:

This exactly. I NIP but always use a cover and always do my best to be discret about it if I'm somewhere like a restaurant and other places where I can go somewhere away from the crowds I do it there. What the hell is this guy smoking suggesting that you go to a filthy public restroom to nurse your baby....and where does he suggest you sit to do that...on the toilet? I do agree with Melissa about some of the other points he made...women who sensationalize, etc.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Wowser. I type like a moron on my phone. Sorry ladies. I was all fired up and HADDD to post that from the work parking lot before going inside.. But I DID type paragraphs.. my phone deleted them..

But yeah. that guy's a douche. Something tells me there will be a big apology letter tomorrow.

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"