Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Recommend a good starter cup for lo pls

i am trying to teach ds how to use a sippy cup which is going slowly.  But he loves drinking out of my glass.  So I am thinking I should just buy him a baby sized plastic glass to use.  I havn't seen any while shopping.  Can anyone recommend a good brand?  thx!
Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Recommend a good starter cup for lo pls

• You will probably want a covered sippy cup at some point...I found a sippy cup with a silicone top instead of the hard plastic ones...DD just didn't get the ones with the hard tip.  It has taken her a few times to get it, but she finally last night (after her reaching for it and putting it to her mouth) understood how to really use it after about a month.  I just bought the cheap plastic cups, I want to say they are the Munchkin brand but I can't remember...they're like $2 at wal-mart.
    image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The munchkin soft spout ones with the handles have worked for every baby I have given them to.  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I got a set from the local dollar store. They're just a set of 5 small hard spout sippy cups with snap on lids. Since the lid doesn't twist on, the top of the cup has no ridges so it's basically a regular cup. My son uses them both ways, as a sippy cup and a drinking glass. I used to let him use small styrofoam cups until he started biting them and ripping them apart.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • DD doesnt get sippy cups but the other day she got one with a straw and got it super quick. I also use doidy cups, they are slanted so they require less tipping :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • We started DS on a sippy cup around 4 mos and it took him awhile to figure out how to work it (obviously), but I switched to one with a straw around 5 months and he got it right away and the bonus is he doesn't have to tip it.  Also, if I forget his cup when we are out somewhere, he can drink from a straw if I hold the cup.
    PCOS Clomid x 4 = BFN Met, Femara, Trigger x3 = BFP! EDD: May 18, 2011 Baby Boy born May 13, 2011 via emergency C section Our Friday the 13th miracle!
  • imagepam1005:
    The munchkin soft spout ones with the handles have worked for every baby I have given them to.  

These are the ones we have. We also have some of the Take & Toss ones -- harder spout and no handles, but it's what daycare uses. It's too wide for him to grasp right now -- he loves the munchkin one though!

Our miracle has arrived! Benjamin Aaron, born 6/23/11 image
    Picture courtesy of Heidi Keene Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"