Baby Showers
Options

Food opinion

I want to have baklava and limeade cupcakes or maybe mini key lime pies. I don't know what else would compliment them though since they're very different extreme foods. I'm all about very tart things, so what do you ladies think would work well with these?

I'm also candy retarded and not sure what ones would go well either or if I should go mixed nuts instead... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Food opinion

• Options
    I'm pregnant and craving tart stuff too, but just remember that not all your guests are craving tart things too.
  • Options
    Give multiple options for guests - everyone has a different palette.  Try mini cupcakes, mini cheesecakes, cream puffs, fruit pizza???  Some people like to mix and match sweet and tart, others just like one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageKatieMarie27:
    Give multiple options for guests - everyone has a different palette.  Try mini cupcakes, mini cheesecakes, cream puffs, fruit pizza???  Some people like to mix and match sweet and tart, others just like one.

Mini cheesecakes sound soo awesome!

Thanks ladies! 

• Options
    I like them all!!!  The baklava is very sweet, the mini-key lime pies would be tart and the mini-cheesecakes would be right in the middle.  I would forego the candy...but maybe have nuts just in case there are people who stay completely away from sugar.
  • Options
    imageMotherMonster:

I want to have baklava and limeade cupcakes or maybe mini key lime pies. I don't know what else would compliment them though since they're very different extreme foods. I'm all about very tart things, so what do you ladies think would work well with these?

I'm also candy retarded and not sure what ones would go well either or if I should go mixed nuts instead... 

Really?  Wow.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options
    Really...I'm diabetic so I don't eat much candy and I don't know what's kosher for a baby shower.
  • Options

imageMotherMonster:
    Really...I'm diabetic so I don't eat much candy and I don't know what's kosher for a baby shower.

So maybe you could have said that instead of what you did.  Or maybe you're that classy to throw around words like that.  

He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options
    Retarded means delayed or slowed...so yes, I am because I don't know much about candy. Also we're adults and not throwing it around in an insulting way. If you don't like what I had to say, then you didn't have to respond to it.
  • Options
    imageRedheadBaker:

imageMotherMonster:
    Retarded means delayed or slowed...so yes, I am because I don't know much about candy. Also we're adults and not throwing it around in an insulting way. If you don't like what I had to say, then you didn't have to respond to it.

You're delayed when it comes to candy? Maybe if you bought a watch, you'd be on time?

https://therword.org/ 

No, you're grossly misinformed and uneducated.  Both when it comes to candy (which is a much better word) and in my need to reply to it.  Backpedal all you want, but casually throwing around a word that causes so many hurt and pain and then trying to defend your use of it is not ok.   

How about a simple "You know what, you're right.  It was wrong of me to use that word and I'll try to watch my language from here on out"?  Is apologizing when you're wrong that hard? 

• Options
    imageBallSox:
    imageRedheadBaker:

imageMotherMonster:

You're delayed when it comes to candy? Maybe if you bought a watch, you'd be on time?

https://therword.org/ 

No, you're grossly misinformed and uneducated.  Both when it comes to candy (which is a much better word) and in my need to reply to it.  Backpedal all you want, but casually throwing around a word that causes so many hurt and pain and then trying to defend your use of it is not ok.   

How about a simple "You know what, you're right.  It was wrong of me to use that word and I'll try to watch my language from here on out"?  Is apologizing when you're wrong that hard? 

What she said. 

• Options
    I'm not going to apologize because that's your feelings. Those aren't mine. Get over it.
  • Options

imageMotherMonster:
    I'm not going to apologize because that's your feelings. Those aren't mine. Get over it.

Wow. You're a peach.   

• Options

imageMotherMonster:

Using potentially hurtful words inappropriately is not about YOUR feelings, it's about the feelings of the people to whom those words refer. Would it be appropriate for you to use the "N" word because you didn't have negative feelings about it?? Of course not. Same with using the word "gay" as a synonym for "stupid." It's not appropriate, regardless of what your "feelings" are.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mother Monster you've clearly made it your mission to make everyone dislike you. Congrats on being the twat of the century
    i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Options
    imagegreeneyed_bride:

imageMotherMonster:

Using potentially hurtful words inappropriately is not about YOUR feelings, it's about the feelings of the people to whom those words refer. Would it be appropriate for you to use the "N" word because you didn't have negative feelings about it?? Of course not. Same with using the word "gay" as a synonym for "stupid." It's not appropriate, regardless of what your "feelings" are.

Exactly.

Believe it or not, the world does not revolve around YOU. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"