December 2010 Moms
Options

morning & night BFers...

We've been nursing only first thing in the morning & right before beed for awhile now but I was wondering if anyone that is or has done this has stopped one of these or both?  I'm thinking about cutting one session out but i'm not sure which one (probably morning).  She doesn't seem to drink a lot at either one but still has some.  Also, if you did drop one, did you replace it with WCM?  I'm thinking i'll stop the morning session but not sure if i should offer a cup of WCM instead?  I know i'm making this more complicated than it should be.  :)

photo 82cd8793-783f-431f-96f0-fcca1084a640_zpsc15e5cb6.jpgimage"Daisypath"> Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

photo d5624905-a6b6-418f-b278-83e809b23a24_zpsd0363f36.jpgBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: morning & night BFers...

• Options
    Yes, I dropped the PM several months ago (he wanted to stop) but I still pump in the evenings and give that the next night before bed.  So, our routine is nurse in the AM and pump the other side (so I'm not lopsided all day, lol).  He gets soy during the day at DC and then a bottle of pumped BM right before bed.  I then pump both sides for a few minutes before bed.  If she does not need the bottle before bed then you don't necessarily have to replace it with WCM if she's getting enough during the day.  My pedi said between 16 and 24 oz of milk total during the day but he'd rather him get closer to the 16.  C doesn't love soy so probably only takes 8oz of that per day plus 10-12 oz of BM.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We dropped PM a while back... Now he's just morning and whenever he wants it during the day. I think I'm going to change to just morning and offer WCM during the day in his cup so he'll be use to it when Christmas break is over and he goes to DC

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am an AM and PM BF. During the day she gets BM in a sippy till the freezer stash is gone. I am in the same situation. I want to wean but I don't know which one.

My issue is that she wakes in the middle of the night once around 4-5 am and the only way to get her back down is to nurse her...but she is totally comfort nursing...and will nurse forever a few sucks then sleep and on and on...

At night i'm sure she will go right to sleep without nursing because she does for my husband when I work nights....

She also is a bad milk drinker during the day...8 ounces maybe plus nursing twice...

december mommas guide me...

I am no help and I hijacked your post please forgive me!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I always let her drop the sessions naturally. She has never been a big nurser, though... so it was only a matter of time. She started self weaning around 10 months or so. We replaced each session with formula since she wasn't a year old yet. She just cut out her last nursing session last week (it was her morning session). Now that she is a year, we stopped giving her milk through the day and only give it at meals. I give her a sippy of milk right away in the morning while I get breakfast ready since she isn't nursing anymore. She is still getting a bottle of pumped BM before bedtime, and we'll continue that until my freezer stash runs out. We'll probably make it another 2 weeks or so. And then we'll be done ::tear::

If you are wanting to drop a session, I would drop whatever one she finds less comfort in (if that makes sense). If you drop the morning session, I would offer milk right away since she is probably very hungry from going all night without eating. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"