VBAC
Options

Iris 427

Thanks for the advice...I have done the pumping for the last two nights and hoping tonight is the charm! Was crampy last night but it didnt progress to anything else.

i know that you had a home birth with Augusto, how long was the labor process? I know that everyone is different, but DH seems to think that we need to drop DS off at the sitter and get to the hospital....when in fact even the OB said to stay home as long as possible bc once you show up at the hospital there will be a "cascade of intervention" that i didnt want.

I was reading the hypnobirthing book and it says that my body will know when its time to go. Fearing of course that you get there and then someone says oh you are 2 cm......maybe im just worrying over stuff i cant control now.

Happy New Year!

DC:#1 10/2006 born at 40 weeks (33 weeks PTL)
DC#2 born silent at 22 weeks 1.11.11
Dc#3 born vbac 1/2012 <bra DC#4 born VBAC 3/2014

Re: Iris 427

• Options

I had a really fast labor.  The whole thing, from the first cramp to baby in my arms, was under 6 hours and around 3 of that was pushing.  I think one of the reasons it was so fast was that I dilated all the way to 10 before my c-section, so that part went fast like a second timer's.  But then pushing was slow like a first timer.  How much did you dilate before your c-section?

I agree you should stay home as long as you can.  Barring a truly precipitous labor, I think you will know when it's time.  Could your sitter come pick your son up at your house?  That way you could stay at home laboring as long as you want but have the peace of mind that your son was taken care of and you could go to the hospital as soon as you were ready.  We had a friend come pick our daughter up when I went into labor (we let her sleep for the first couple of hours until things really got intense).

HTH! 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"