Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

what age is to old for shortalls?

I am really hoping I can get one more season of shortalls. Do you think 2 is too old? I am thinking I can get through 1 more spring/summer at the most. How cute is the crab on the top row?

https://www.jollyrompers.com/thumbnail.asp?offset=0&deep=1&cid=121

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: what age is to old for shortalls?

• Options
    Not my style for a 2 year old. It looks like something more for a baby.
  • Options

imageEmilia0101:
    Not my style for a 2 year old. It looks like something more for a baby.

I agree.  I was given a bunch as hand-me-downs for DS and kept them hidden.  He discovered them and I cringed and thought he looked silly- but I must say, pretty much anyone who saw him cooed and pronounced him adorable.  But not my style, at all, but he loved them and the attention he got in them.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We saw a little boy in one in line for Santa. He also had on a sweater, knee socks and red shoes. I must say that pretty much everyone in our vicinity commented on "the poor kid." He was about 18 months. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
  • Options
    I'm in the minority.  I think they're adorable.  I think little kids should look and dress like little kids.  They will have plenty of time in their lives to be wearing more sophisticated clothing.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I think it is sad that people think they are too babyish for a 2-3 year old. 

Im not sure I love the look, but not because it seems too young for a toddler. 

• Options

I put my DS1 in them until about 2 yrs old. They are SO cute on toddler boys in the summer with the little saltwater sandals! DS2 is six months now and I put him in them for any sort of gathering/event.

I have to say though, for DS1 I always picked fairly simple ones the older he got. Minimal smocking etc. And I didn't do the white knee socks/white shoes after age 1 -- just a little too fussy for my taste.

I live in south Louisiana and smocked shortalls/longalls/jon-jons are very popular on little boys. I feel like you can get away with the longalls for a little longer for some reason, especially if they are very boyish in color/style. 

• Options

Not my style at all, honestly.  We got some as gifts for DS, and I put them on him as an infant.  Now that he's walking I don't put them on him, I think they look a little silly.

• Options
    I think they look kind of silly and fussy but if it's your style, rock on!  I'm sure a lot of people don't like the way we dress DS :)
    * DS1...allergic to dairy, peanuts, eggs and turkey *
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

love is for every her, love is for every him, love is for everyone
  • Options
    Once ds hit two no more longalls or shortfalls only appliqu? shirts and gingham pants. 
  • Options

I think this vastly varies regionally.   In AL, GA, MS, LA or TN:  I think until they are 3 (maybe older) you can safely get away with it.  They are generally referred to as Jon-Jons named after the late JFK Jr when he was a boy.  This is the region where they are most popular.  They are pretty unheard in the NE and West.

MH hated them and esp after 2 however my mother bought some from AL to DS2 when he was just after 3.  We didn't go out in them but he took a picture.  2 is generally my cut-off.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageEmcat:

I put my DS1 in them until about 2 yrs old. They are SO cute on toddler boys in the summer with the little saltwater sandals! DS2 is six months now and I put him in them for any sort of gathering/event.

I have to say though, for DS1 I always picked fairly simple ones the older he got. Minimal smocking etc. And I didn't do the white knee socks/white shoes after age 1 -- just a little too fussy for my taste.

I live in south Louisiana and smocked shortalls/longalls/jon-jons are very popular on little boys. I feel like you can get away with the longalls for a little longer for some reason, especially if they are very boyish in color/style. 

I agree with this. And others saying it depends on where you are. I will probably have a couple for ds for the spring and summer. I also live in south LA and I see boys in them up to about 3.

Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • Options
    I think they are never appropriate. Just not my style. Although my DS came home from the hospital as a newborn in khaki pants and a polo onesie.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't put them on my LO but that's just our style.  I don't think it would look bad on a  2 year old though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"