VBAC
Options

New here

Hello! :-)

I know it's still kind of early for me, but I figured I would start hanging out here to learn as much as possible and read about other people's experiences.

I had an unplanned c-section with my son after some complications and subsequent issues with my induction.

I really do not want another c-section and have discussed a VBAC briefly with my doctor. She's okay with letting me try, but has a list of caveats. :-/   Unfortunately,  i won't know if any of the exclusionary factors will happen until much later in my pregnancy. So for now, I'm going to plant my feet and say I'm going for a VBAC.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New here

• Options
    Has she shared the caveats with you yet?  Some caveats are reasonable and some are not but they can be a good gauge about how "VBAC supportive" your doctor is.  If you are serious about VBAC, you really want  someone that will support your birth.
    R & R: est 2003 LOs: 4/2005, 10/2007, 2/2011 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagerbytsdy:
    Has she shared the caveats with you yet?  Some caveats are reasonable and some are not but they can be a good gauge about how "VBAC supportive" your doctor is.  If you are serious about VBAC, you really want  someone that will support your birth.

I completely agree with this.  Find out what all of his conditions are as soon as you can, and then determine if you will have a better chance of a successful VBAC with another dr.    You need a dr. who is supportive, and it will be worth it in the end.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I developed a severe platelet issue with my first. They induced me after a transfusion to bring them up high enough that I wouldn't hemorrhage during labor. It was considered an autoimmune response to the pregnancy, so it is possible that it will happen again. 

I also had polyhydramnios and there was significant risk of cord accident or rupture, so they did not want to let me go longer than 39 weeks and wanted my water broken in the hospital in case of emergency. 

These are her two main concerns. She also doesn't want to allow VBAC if the baby is too big. My son was nearly 9 pounds at 39 weeks. This is the one exclusion I do not agree with and I will fight tooth and nail if I have to, provided the other two issues aren't a problem this time. 

(sorry if the format is screwy, on my phone). 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"