Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Advise needed!

So here's the thing- my extented family gets together on new years day most years since christmas is mostly spent with close family. We live 4 hours away from my parents & the get together is not far from that.

So here's the issue. my parents house is not the cleanest, they have an inside dog & my mom is a semi hoarder. And with my ds crawling & pulling up on things I really don't know how that will all work! augh. And when we go down there we stay at their place. My mom said she was cleaning, but I still feel torn.

What do we do?? Need help! & a motel is not really a help.

Re: Advise needed!

• Personally, I wouldn't go. I'd say "Hey, we'd love to come but this year it's going to be too hard with the long drive and LO getting into everything." 

• Ok, so I have that same problem & this is what I do. 
    My MIL is like that. Indoor dog & kinda messy/hoarder. Keep an eye on your LO & change clothes when baby goes to sleep. that way your baby's bed isn't getting dirty. 

I let my LO crawl around her house & keep fingers out of her mouth, kick the dog away from licking her, & wipe her hands down anytime she eats. When I get home, I take all her clothes off, bathe her & put her into clean jammies & a clean bed.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersPhotobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • imageeddy321:
    imageemiliemadison:

Personally, I wouldn't go. I'd say "Hey, we'd love to come but this year it's going to be too hard with the long drive and LO getting into everything." 

I have to agree with this.  My ILs have a similar situation.  Their house has mounds of stuff piled up.  They're in the middle of a ten-year + construction project, so tools/dust/etc. are all around.  They also have bows and other hunting gear lying around.  They say they've cleaned every time we go to visit, and by their standards, they really have, but I'm still not comfortable letting A out of my sight while I'm there.  Because of this, we have to stay in a hotel for long trips (they're 7 hours away), and we make our visits to the house relatively short.  I know it hurts their feelings, and I don't like that, but I have to keep A safe.

It sounds like you're going to spend the entire night worried about and/or chasing around your LO.  If the hassle is worth seeing everyone, then go.  Bring your own PnP and baby items so that LO has some clean places to be, and enjoy your family.  If it isn't worth it to you, don't go, and just explain to your family that this year isn't a good time.

Don't go if you know this is waiting for you!!!! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersPhotobucket
  • I would go, but just be prepared that you will have to hover. Maybe bring your own PNP or baby jail with you to set up a safe place.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"