2nd Trimester
Options

Uterus size/ possible twins??

Hello fellow Momma's to be!

I had a question in regards to uterus size. I had my check-up today at 15 weeks and my doctor said my uterus is alot larger then it should be. I am having an ultrasound this coming wednesday and he told me to have the tech check and make sure there is only one baby in there. Has anyone else been told their uterus is larger then normal and had only one baby. I had a ultrasound at 7 weeks (due to excessive m/s) to check how far along I was and confirm only one baby.  We were right on with our time line and the tech said there was only one baby. Is it possible they missed a baby? Has anyone else experienced this?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker June Baby image

Re: Uterus size/ possible twins??

• Options

I have a larger uterus too... only 1 in there. At 7 weeks along I looked more like I was 5-6 months.

ETA: And at my 1st appt. (12 weeks) my ute was larger than a cantalope.

DS#1- 7/2002

DS#2- 6/2004

DS#3- 9/2007

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

My uterus has always been larger than normal.  Measurements finally evened out around 32w.  We're only having 1. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hehe Idk how they could miss a second baby lol, though it was early I suppose it is "possible" but having had an early ultrasound at 6 weeks, one at 12 weeks, and then the NT scan at 13 weeks... I really don't see how they could "miss" a second baby :) But I guess it could be possible. Odds are though, you are just measuring larger, and only one baby. Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think it would be crazy for them to miss a baby also, especially when one of the reasons for the 7wk us was to confirm one baby. I haven't had an us since 7wks or an NT scan. My second us will be wednesday.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker June Baby image
  • Options

I have always measured WEEKS ahead...like 6-8 weeks ahead.  With my first, I was really huge.  But I also had high levels of amniotic fluid, a large baby, and 2 fibroids that made me measure larger.  I'm sure there's only one in there! :)

• Options
    I've always measured ahead/been higher up than normal in all 3 of my pregnancies and I have 3 singleton pregnancies. I'm really short waisted so my uterus pushes up out of my pelvis sooner and I look bigger faster but it evens out by 20-24 weeks or so.
    DC1 (2.5) | DC2 (1) | #3 due 6.1.2012
  • Options
    Lots of women have a larger uterus. It is pretty common. If you didn't see twins at a 7 week u/s then I seriously doubt you are having 2. I think your doctor was pulling your leg about "checking for 2 babies". At 15 weeks its totally obvious and not something that an u/s tech would necessarily have to check for.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"