Northern California Babies
Options

Another diaper rash question

Scarlett has been getting diaper rash pretty bad, and the other day I noticed when I wiped her bottom from a poopy diaper, that she was bleeding, from the skin, not from her bottom. When I checked it out, I noticed she had little scaley (sp?) spots that looked a little raw, but it's something that I never noticed before. I put some A&D on it (since Desitin stings broken skin) and it looks a lot better, but what can I do to possibly prevent it from coming back or happening again? Just keep using A&D? Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Re: Another diaper rash question

• Options
    Once you get the rash taken care of, and it's gone, put Vaseline on her after every diaper change to act as a barrier (especially important before bed, or any time you might be going longer between diaper changes). A has sensitive skin, and our doctor recommended Vaseline (other things work, but this is cheap). She had a bad rash around 2 months old, and is now almost 5 months and hasn't had a rash since. GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sounds like a yeast rash. Use lotremin (spelling might be off), or generic  to get rid of it. I used to spread it on thick and use it a day or two longer after it looked like it was gone. Hth!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is what we have too as of late. :( hopefully between suggestions here and on the other thread we will find something that works.
  • Options
    Have you given her any new foods recently? We noticed that kind of "rash" with T whenever he had something with dairy in it... When we kept a close eye on his diet we didn't seem to have that problem anymore
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    We use a barrier cream with every diaper change, or DD gets rashy. I had a problem with it before I found Triple Paste. that seems to work for us. I also like the Weleda but the Triple Paste worked better. Of course I try to change her frequently and change poop diapers right away. I find that she gets worse at school and better when she is with me. I don't think they put the cream on every time. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagelmvierra:
    Have you given her any new foods recently? We noticed that kind of "rash" with T whenever he had something with dairy in it... When we kept a close eye on his diet we didn't seem to have that problem anymore

We did try yogurt recently, maybe that could be it? I never thought of that. Is it possibly because of the cultures in the yogurt itself?

• Options
    I don't think it's from the cultures... Those should be beneficial. We actually give T & K dairy free probiotics to minimize reactions. If she is having a reaction to the yogurt, it is most likely from the milk proteins themselves. The proteins in formula and cheeses are more broken down so it is possible she is okay with those, but not with yogurt or milk itself. I would hold off the yogurt for a few days, see if it clears up, then try it again and see if she has the same reaction.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"